Chapter 17

Saria's scream was muffled into her pillow as she woke up in a cold sweat, hands shaking. She flipped over on to her back and looked at the ceiling. Light was streaming into her room through the window and there were noises coming from the hall.  Rubbing the sleep out of her eyes, she got up, stepping out into the hallway. The heroes were walking through the halls, yelling at each other, and they had their armor on. "Where are you guys going?" asked Saria, confused. All of them turned, freezing where they were, and stared at her. "Uh... Saria, you might want to say good bye to your father... we have to leave today" said Twilight. "Why?" The heroes all looked a little guilty.

"Well, it's hard to explain... It has nothing to do with you and Ms. Malon. I can promise you that" said Warriors, who was trying to get his scarf back from Legend. "Alright.... is he down stairs?" they all nodded and went back to what they were doing. Saria made her way through the crowded hallway, merely avoiding being pinned against the wall multiple times. Running down stairs, she found her parents saying good bye to each other. "Bleh" she gagged as they kissed, and Time, seeing this with amusement in his eyes, deepened it. Malon finally pushed him away, both of them laughing as Saria scrunched up her face in disgust.

"I'll remember that when you bring your first boy home" said Time, laughing. "Do you really have to leave? Why do you have to go?" she asked, changing the subject and hugging him. "It's... hard to explain.... But I promise, we'll come back, in a month or so. You won't be able to get rid of us" he ruffled her hair, forcing a smile this time. "Can't you at least wait until Uther comes back?" Time's face fell again. "I'm sorry little Kokiri, I really wish I could" he looked a little guilty for not being able to see his son or other daughter before he left. "I left three cards on the table, and a little present for each of you. Don't open them until I'm gone"

"Alright... You promise you'll send letters? The moment you stop for the night you better send all three of us a letter. Or I'll hunt you all down myself" Time chuckled again. "I know... I know... I'll send you some letters. Now we need to get going, adventure calls" Saria though for a moment, and then her eyes lit up. "Can I come with you?" Time seemed a little shocked, and the other heroes inched their way back up the stairs. "No... I'm sorry little Kokiri... not this time. Maybe on my next adventure you can join me. But I doubt that you'd want to travel with a bunch of boys anyways" She scrunched up her face at the idea. "Nabby always said they had cooties" Time let out a short laugh. "Well then, I suppose you don't want a hug goodbye" he started to walk away. "Oh don't worry dad, you're the exception"

"No he's not" said Malon, laughing as Time gave her a dirty look and hugged Saria. "Do I now?" he stepped closer and kissed her on the lips. Malon pushed him away playfully. "Oh, go on then. I better get a letter within the next week. Or timelines be damned I'll find a way to follow you" Time chuckled and nodded, motioning for the boys to follow him as he made his way out the door. Twilight was last, holding up the line, and Malon and Saria followed them. "Sobrino, wait!" said Saria, grinning as he turned. "This is for you..." she placed a little photo into his hand, it was black and white. Three people were in it. A younger girl that he guessed was Saria, a boy who looked like Uther, and a girl with a high pony tail, grinning and giving the boy bunny ears. "That's Nabooru?" he asked, pointing to the girl. Saria nodded, tears springing to her eyes. "Yeah... Twilight... Link... promise me you'll take care of dad for me? I can't lose him to?" Twilight nodded, hugged her, and then stood there for a moment. "I'll send you a few letters to tell you if he's okay or not. I promise, I won't hold anything back from you" Saria nodded, hugged him one last time, and then let him follow the others.

"Mom? Do you think they'll come back?" she asked, watching them leave. Malon shook her head. "I don't know Saria... I really don't know"