Six

a/n there is a lil homophobia and hate speech. also a slur against lesbians but just know I am a lesbian.

JJ's POV
Emily woke me up with coffee and I could tell she wanted to talk. "Like I said, she died when I was 11. She was 17." Emily grabbed my hand and I smiled at her.

"When I froze, I made a promise that I would always know what to do. That's why I went to the academy. I don't freeze anymore. It was just a bad day. I'm okay now."

She smiled and nodded. I didn't say fine so it was the truth. She grabbed my hand a brought me outside. "You said you wanted to go outside and we haven't done that yet."

She started walking down the street and pulled me along. "Sorry we didn't have time to go on a hike." She said. "This is just as good as a hike."

Penelope had champagne for us when we landed but I wanted to go home. Will called me on the ride home and he was going to meet me there.

I opened the front door and Will was on the couch. "I didn't think you were going to beat me here." I laughed. I dropped my bag and ran upstairs to change.

I changed my work clothes for a sports bra and sweatpants, I think they were Emily's. I grabbed my sweatshirt and fuzzy socks from a drawer and went back to sit by Will on the couch.

"How was the case? You hung up quick when we were talking." He laughed. "Yeah it was super late. But it was good. Some Roz feelings came up but Emily helped." I smiled.

"What did she do?" He said, his smile dropping. "We talked, I told her about Roz. And she made sure I fell asleep comfortably. Than this morning we talked a little more and she took me on a walk."

He shifted a little and it was very noticeable. "That's all she did?" I looked at him and chuckled. "Yeah? What do you mean?"

"Something seems off about her. I don't like it." I leaned forward and turned to him. "What does that mean? She's my best friend Will." I got up and started walking towards the kitchen, Will behind me.

"Jenny, that dyke acts like she loves you." I whipped my head around and stopped moving. "What did you just say?" I leaned against the counter and held onto it.

"What? She's a fucking dyke Jen." I bit my tongue and opened the front door. "Get out." I stated. "Jenny why are you being so dramatic?" I grabbed his coat and bag and shoved it in his arms.

"Because she's my best friend and she deserves to be respected. So until you do that don't come here." He started putting in his jacket and walking towards the door. "How long?" He complained. I shook my head and started closing the door.

"Until you learn what you did wrong here." And i closed the door. I went to my bedroom and watched his car drive down the street and turn the corner. I shoved a picture of us into my dresser and started putting on my shoes.

Emily's POV
JJ practically ran out of the bullpen when we got back. Penelope and I sat at my desk with the champagne she had brought. "I just never knew she had a sister. Is that bad?"

"No sweetie. She doesn't really talk about her. I mean we didn't learn about her until she started talking on a case about suicide. And that was only a month before you started."

We talked a little bit longer before I left. As soon as I got home I put on a sweatshirt and sweatpants and sat down on the couch. I turned on some reality show and made myself a drink.

A little while later someone knocked on the door. I turned off the show and opened it to JJ standing in the hallway. I smiled at her and she laughed.

"Are you alone right now?" She asked. I nodded and she pushed the door open and started kissing me.