Nine

JJ's POV
"How was your lunch JJ?" Emily smiled. I shot her a look as Will got on the elevator. Will caught it and looked at me. I shook it off and said bye. "So what did you find?" I asked after the doors closed.

"Reid got a geological profile and we got a pretty solid profile built up. Garcia is also following some leads now." Hotch said as we walked to the desks.

"Is Will alright?" Emily asked when we all sat down. "He seemed annoyed." Morgan turned in to join and I laughed.

"It's just been a long day and I'm sure he's tired. All is fine." I said. Emily tilted her head and did her That's a lie and we both know it's a lie look.

"Jesus it was one word. That's it. It's fine." I said. I blew up. At Emily. I've never blown up at Emily. She was the only person I had never gotten mad at. I turned and went to my office before sitting in the chair.

Emily's POV
I sat there in the bullpen, my best friend just stormed out and now people are looking at me. I went straight to JJ's office.

"What the hell Jennifer?" I asked when the door was closed. She looked at me like nothing was wrong and tilted her head. "What do you mean?"

I don't know what sick game she's playing but I'm pissed. "Cut the crap Jennifer. Why did you just blow up at me and storm out?" She was obviously trying to think of something.

"I didn't even say anything out there. What the hell?" She was silent for what felt like forever. "Say something damn it. Talk Jennifer. What the hell is wrong with you today?"

"Will doesn't like you, ok? I have been having to tiptoe around him when talking about work because he thinks you're in love with me. The things he says about you are awful and I can't do this anymore." She said. She was standing from her chair and had a tone that would've scared anyone.

"I have not been able to combine the two people in my life I care about because one hates the other. I'm tired of all this shit. I can't do this anymore."

I froze for a second. Will thinks I love JJ. I thought I hid it. And he talks about me. Bad things I assume.

"I'm so sorry JJ. I don't know how I can help." I said honestly. "Just be my best friend please." She whispered. That was it. My best friend. That's all we'll ever be.

"Always." I said with a smile.