Fifteen

Emily's POV
There was only one person I needed to call. I hated every second of it. "Emily, this is a surprise."

"Mom, I need your help. I wouldn't ask of this if it wasn't needed. Can you help pull a few strings?"

"Now that doesn't sound like the Emily I know. What happened to doing it on your own?"

"I can't do it this time. My hands are tied. Can you just meet me at your office?"

"Yes."

I know I shouldn't have left JJ standing there but I can't lose this. I can't live without her being near me. I can't lose her or this job. I have finally found my place and I will not lose it.

I knocked on the doors to her office and was let in by an assistant. My mother gestured to a chair and I sat down.

"Now what's all this about?" She said, not looking away from her computer.

"I know this has always been a rough subject but I need help. There is a no romantic relationship policy at the BAU. And I kinda went against it."

"Do you want me to help him?" There it is.

"No. I want you to help me. Your only child and your daughter. Please."

"What's his name?" There it is again.

"Jennifer. She's perfect and has the sort of smile that lightens up a room. And I need your help. Please. This is the only thing I have done right. I am begging you to pull a few strings and let me keep it."

"Oh Emily." Here we go. "This us outrageous. I have no idea how you expect me to respond to this. What am I supposed to do?"

"Call the head of the FBI or something. Make them change the rule. You have so much power here. Please help me."

She didn't say a word.

I know my mother. There is one thing that always mattered to her.

"Imagine how your reputation would be if you admitted to having an openly gay daughter. Not only that but helping her stay with the love of her life."

"How can you say that? It would be a disaster."

"No it wouldn't. Times have changed. If you helped us your approval rating would go through the roof."

She didn't say a word. I got her. She only cares what others think of her. She finally looked me in the eyes and I begged her.

"Are you sure you know what you are doing?"

"Yes."

She picked up her phone and I sat back down, biting my nail. She had always bragged about being able to do anything, it was time to test it out.

After a few minutes of her talking she hung up. "Now what?" She asked, obviously annoyed.

"It worked?"

"Yes. Now what? What am I supposed to do her Emily?"

"Nothing. I will get a story out anywhere. You have no idea how much this means to me."

"If anything backfired on me you will be the one to put it out?"

"Understood."