Thirteen

Third Person POV
"Pen." Emily said, cutting her off. "I need you to call for Hotch to get down here now." She whispered. "Why? What? What's going on?" Emily passed her phone over and reached for the gun in her bag.

She snuck down towards JJ's car, hiding behind cars. The only thing she heard was a small quiet pleading from JJ.

She came to an empty parking space and saw the JJ's side, arms up in surrender. JJ froze looking at the man she once loved. Will stood there, gun pointed at her, furious.

A couple minutes ago

"Goodnight. Love you both." JJ said as she walked towards her car. She started to text Emily about their night plans and opened her door. Before she could get in, it was slammed shut.

"What the fuck?" She groaned, brushing herself off. Something was wrong. As she looked up, she swiped her thumb over three letters, praying Emily would know what she meant.

"Will. You don't have to do anything crazy. We can work this out." JJ smiled. He shook his head and held up a gun. "No we can't. You made your choice. It's time for the consequences."

"Will please. You can't do this. I have a family. You know Sandy. Please don't take her only daughter from her." She pleaded. She couldn't stand leaving her mom alone.

They weren't the pair that were close. In fact they only ever fought. But thinking about her mom burying her only other daughter seemed like torture. She couldn't do that.

"Sandy can deal with it." Will spat at her. "Will please. You know Sandy, you met her. She buried one daughter already. Don't force her to bury another." She stated.

At this point Emily was moving to the back of the car. "Will put it down." JJ whispered. Her eyes flicked to Emily, causing him to turn his head. JJ froze as she felt her arm get pulled.

"Get away." Hotch whispered as he took her place. "Will this isn't going to work. You aren't getting out of here." He said. JJ turned to see Penelope's car sitting in the parking lot.

Penelope.

JJ ran and got in the passenger seat. Penelope saw her and immediately wrapped her arms around her. "My darling. Are you okay?" She asked.

"Pen I'm good. Will was at my car. He was going to kill me. Hotch pulled me away and they're talking him down." She whispered. Penelope looked over her shoulder towards the scene.

"But what if they're in trouble?"

"Hotch told me to get away. And they can do this. We'll wait for someone to come get us." JJ said, trying to convince herself as well.

The duo waited for any noise. They only heard one thing. "JJ?" Emily yelled. She ran to the car and relaxed when she saw the blonde in the passenger.

"I'm good. I'm okay. Where's Hotch?" JJ smiled, as she got out of the car. "He's arresting Will. It all went smoothly." Emily smiled as she hugged JJ.

"I'm going to go home. I want to be in bed right now." JJ sighed. "We can get your car in the morning if you don't want to now. I'm assuming Will is still there." Emily offered.

"Nope. I'm good. I'm going to my car." She said.

JJ walked towards her car, phone in hand. When she was in the empty parking space she saw Will standing by Hotch.

She didn't back down as she got her keys off the ground and sat in her car. Will was trying to yell at her but she covered his voice with the radio.