Chapter- 20

"What are you doing here?" 

Without even having to look at the face, Kyoko knew who it was. But, he didn't mind it. Infact, he went on filling his plate. 

"I am talking to you." 

Despite wanting to keep ignoring him, Kyoko turned and faced Evan- looking unbothered. 

"Why can't I be here?" Kyoko imitated his tone and folded his arms, arching his eyebrows. 

"This is a business party, not some eat-all-you-can buffet. Only elites and deserving ones can attend it, not some low-born and- 

"Aha, shhh." Kyoko lifted his index finger and pointed upwards, he widened his eyes with a playful smile plastered on his face. 

"If you see me here, if I am attending this party.... he pointed towards the floor 'only elites could get invited to' maybe I am deserving? You could use some hints and know who I came with." 

He scoffed. 

"You think you are so smart, huh?" Evan glared at him. 

"Oh, I'm flattered." Kyoko displayed a cheeky smile. 

In contrast, to Evan who was fuming, Kyoko seemed totally calm and cheery. But it didn't take long for Evan's frown to change into smirk. 

"So where is he now? Maybe with some female omega because he got bored of you." 

Kyoko chuckled, he liked playing this little game with Evan. 

"Oh, it's quite the opposite, you see there.... he pointed towards Arnold, he was chatting with some middle aged man....he's the one who is afraid of me being bored, so here I am at the food section. You know I hate business talks." 

He whispered the last part smugly, just enough for Evan to hear. 

Evans' eyes shot blood red as he glared at Kyoko, how could someone look so naive yet so poisonous? Furthermore, he was someone who stole his chance with his love interest. 

"How dare you steal my man?!" Evan sneered at him. 

The latter's face did a total 180⁰, he gave him an empty look but his eyes flashed with darkness.

"Yeah, you are right." Kyoko replied in an innocent tone, totally agreeing with him. 

"How dare I steal your man which was never yours? How dare I dream of my future together with your man who doesn't even want to acknowledge your existence? And, how dare I smile at the embrace of your man who doesn't even spare you a glance? Truly, how dare I?" 

He scoffed at Evan, making his blood boil even more, he was practically fuming with anger and you could literally see the steam blowing off his ears. It was truly a sight to see. 

He was compelled to leave, the humiliation- it was the second time he was insulted like that, growing up in a rich household as the only son, he was bound to be spoiled. So, someone putting him in his place was something he rarely experienced. 

He stomped away. Once again, a chuckle escaped Kyoko's mouth, watching him disappear in the crowd. 

"Cute bastard." 

^&^
Yaay! We hit 1k.