Chapter- 35

*bzzt* *bzzt*

A hand slams at the table before the phone and clicks at the power button, causing it to stop vibrating before the figure turns its back at the table and goes back to sleep. 

*bzzt* *bzzt*

The mechanical vibration follows once again as the ringtone fills the room. "Who is it so early?" The figure wakes up, grumbling. Clearly, they weren't fond of having their sleep interrupted. 

Grumpily, they slide the green icon across the screen, "what is it Seto?" He yawns. 

"Kyoko! Hospital quick, A-ame... he woke up." A breathy intonation from Seto jerks Kyoko out of any residual sleepiness that he has had. 

"What?!" He quickly scrambles his way out of the sheets and goes to his closet, throwing out any outfit he sees first, "Ame woke up? This is not a prank, right...right?" He asks, making sure he was not mishearing things. His one leg fully inside the trouser and the other struggling to get in while he had his phone pressed in between his shoulder and ear in order to prevent it from falling. 

"Would I even?" Kyoko hears a huff from the other side. 

"Anyway, come quick." 

"I am- 

The mechanical beep stops him before he could even finish his sentence. 

"Quick, quick." Kyoko huffs as he locks the door. 'There is no time.' 

He was now already walking down the road, and waiting for a taxi. However, his mind still reminded him to call Arnold. 

After the first two rings the phone was picked up, "darling," the deep voice softly calls out while the voice which replies is full of enthusiasm and a bit pitchy, "Arnold, he woke up. Ame." 

"That's wonderful. Where are you? Should I pick you up at the hospital?"

Not knowing a proper response since a case like this was first for Arnold, he just diverted the topic still trying not to sound rude. 

"No, I will catch a taxi. Let's meet directly at the hospital." Kyoko pants, he was jogging back and forth in excitement. 

"As you wish." Arnold, sounding a bit disappointed replies, "then see you there," says Kyoko and hangs up the phone. 

Not long after that, Kyoko finally found a taxi and told the driver the location, however, as the time went by he noticed the route was completely different. 

"Is this route faster?", quered Kyoko, looking outside the window. 

"You can say that."

The driver responded, "okay," nodded Kyoko. 

It was silent for a while, Kyoko was still looking outside the window, but when the driver suddenly shut all the windows with the pretense of opening the a/c as it was too hot for him, he got a bit suspicious.

Nonetheless, says nothing. 

At hospital, 

"Where is he?" Seto looks around as soon as he spots Arnold. "He didn't reach?" 

Arnold was just as confused as Seto, since the distance from Arnold's place was longer than theirs but he had somehow reached faster than Kyoko.

"Just when things were getting better." Seto breathes, sitting down on one of the hospital chairs. "What if something bad happened? Check news for accidents." He hurriedly urges Arnold. Looking how panicked Seto was, he consoles the boy.

"It will be fine. I will bring him, you stay with Ame." 

Seto frowns, but compiles anyways, after all there was nothing he could do that Arnold couldn't. Infact, knowing how resourceful Arnold was he could do everything that Seto couldn't.

On the other hand, Arnold might have managed to convince Seto but his impatience only grew further when he couldn't get in touch with Kyoko until he got a call from an unknown number. 

"Arnold, help!" 

A familiar sound whispers through the phone before Arnold could speak, making his heart skip a beat.