Chapter 18: We have a latter, Sir!

With Callum:

Callum was sitting in the garden. His gaze was fixed on the book that Darok gave to him.

His hair swayed in the wind. Because of this, he saw almost nothing. He used to straighten his hair so that it wouldn't block his eyes.

He was looking at the page of the book he had received. He was looking for a solution to rescue his parents and Rayla's parents, and of course Runnan from the coins.

Callum sat and looked at the book. For all the time he spent with this book, he learned that it is necessary to use a spell from the sky arcanum.

This spell must be strong enough to destroy the metal of the coins.

Callum scratched his head and thought. He only knew of one spell that could do that. But he was not sure that this power would be enough.

But suddenly he remembered how this spell helped him a lot a month ago. Callum got up and walked towards the castle. He had to go down to the basement.

Because he didn't want to attract attention with his experiments. He spent a long time trying to find a way to the basement. When he found it, it was already sunset. Callum went down a crooked staircase that was covered in dust. When Callum came down, pitch darkness was waiting for him. Callum looked around him. He was trying to find a Torch. His eyes searched every corner. Suddenly he see's  it, it was lying under the stairs. He took it and walks to the middle of the room. He takes out carefully the bag with the coins and took the coins out. He looked at it and puts them to the ground.

He puts the bag on the table. He took a deep breath and goes back to the coins. He takes his finger out and makes a rune. He took a deep breath again and said." Fulminis,"  a bright light hit him in the eyes.

Because of this, he fell to the floor and closed his eyes. When the flash was over, he tried to open his eyes, but they hurt. Because of this, he rubbed his eyes so that they wouldn't hurt.
He rubbed them many times but it doesn't worked.

But suddenly he heard a groan that made him stop and try to open his eyes again.' That groaned made me able to open my eyes, and the rubbed did not. Why is the life so hard?' After his through he was finally able to open his eyes, he noticed five figures lying on the floor next to each other. He smiled and came closer.

But one the elves, began to come to their senses. He began to move his hands a little. Because of this Callum flinched and backed away. He scanned the others from afar, looking for movements. The others were a little bit more calm then Lain.

He came closer again. His heart was beating, so much that his chest ached. He goes back to Lain and looked at him. He noticed that he was recovering. Callum shuddered, he didn't want the elf to perceive him and his parents as someone enslaved Xadia or something like that. At these thoughts, he almost fell. When he got up from the floor, he went to the closet, and pulled out bandages and glasses.

He filled one of them with water and approached the elf. He noticed that he had a couple of cuts on his face and one deep wound on the chest. Then he looked at the others and noticed that no one had cuts except of Rayla's father.

He knelt in front of him. He took off his armor with difficulty. Then he took a bandage and wrapped it around his wound. After these procedures, he washed his hands of blood. Then he made up the beds in the next room and carefully put everyone in their own bed.