Chapter 20: From sleep to the forest

With Tiadrin, Lain, and Runnan:

It's been like 2 weeks since they arrived in Katolis. Everything was great but...They were in the woods. The forest was located 60 kilometers from the nearby town. They would easily be able to reach the town without any problems. But with them were humans, lying on stretchers that they had to carry. And not just any humans, but the King and Queen of Katolis." Why did we even want to take them with us?" Runnan grumbled all the way while they walked through the woods. " It was your fault, you says yes for that," Lain muttered under his breath. Tiadrin looked at him with a sidelong glance. Lain noticed that look that Tiadrin gave him." I am saying the truth," But those words don't helped. Lain just sighed, at the look that his wife gave him.

The night soon falls above the dark green forest. The elves soon noticed the dark. They just stopped and began to make a campfire. Soon between the crooked and dry branches of trees, a fire ignited. It was enough to warm up. They didn't even notice how someone from the humans woke up .

It was Queen Sarai. From the pleasant smell of a fire, she woke up. The first thing she noticed was three silhouettes that were sitting near the fire. She slowly got up.

" Where am I?" she asked, her voice was dry as an autumn leaf. Three silhouettes jumped in surprise. "Look, one of these humans got up," said one of the roughest voices of the company. "Runnan, be a little more polite," said a female voice." Yes, Tiadrin is right, you need to be a little bit polite," says another voice.

Sarai looked at them and then around here self. She saw another person. But this time she found out who it was. It was her husband and the king of Katolis, Harrow.

She rushed to him in a few seconds. She trotted him several times until he got up. He barely opened his eyes and rubbed them.

It was obvious that he was not as active as Sarai. His body was trembling all over, he had such pain inside that it was hard to even imagine. But still he got up. The first thing his eyes noticed was Sarai.

"Sarai? Is that you?" He asked looking around. "Am I dead?" he asked. "No, silly, I'm real and so are you." When he heard that, he hugged her and kissed her.

"Khmmm, actually we are here too," said one of the silhouettes. They moved away from each other, looking at the silhouettes." Who are you?" Harrov finally asked. Silhouettes came out of the shadows, and they saw the Elves. They retreated to a safe distance so that they would not be killed or something else would be done to them. "Don't be afraid, we won't hurt anyone." One of the Elves said, "My name is Lain, and this is Rannan and my wife Tiadrin. We're taking you to Katolis," Harrov and Serai exchanged glances. They just didn't believe that some elves were helping them get to Catholis." Why are you helping us?" Harrow asked. One of the Elves whispered something in the ear of one of them and sat down next to the fire." Please sit down, this is a very long conversation," Sarai and Harrow came up to the fire and sat down.

"Please explain what's going on here?" Sarai looked at the Elves who invited them to sit with them by the fire. One of the Elves, who introduced himself as Lain, began to think. It was clear from his expression that he didn't know where to start. His eyes darted from one side to the other. Then he started. He told them everything as Callum told them. All the details were included.

When he finished, Harrow and Sarai were shocked. They couldn't believe that humans and elves had entered into a cooperation agreement. They were relieved that they were now sitting not near enemies, but near allies. After a few minutes, they all got to know each other."So you're going to Katolis too? Harrow asked. Runnan nodded in agreement. "Yes, we're going there." Lain looked up at the sky." We'll be there tomorrow, if of course we all hurry up," All nodded in agreement.
"Yes, it's true. But in order for us all to be able to overcome this path, we need to sleep," Sarai and Harrow could not understand why they needed to sleep if they had just woken up from this long sleep because of these coins. Still, they did not want to argue with their fellow travelers that they began to go to bed in the wet grass. They will have a long way to go tomorrow...