Chapter 19: Memorise

With Rayla:

The sound of pencil quickly moving around, the tip moving its way across the blank, yellow pages of the books, filling it with countless of grayish black lines. Callum moved the pencil in his hand gracefully, always seeming to know what to do next, without even thinking too much.

As the lines met, they soon began to form a picture, every new line building onto the drawing of the most beautiful girl the prince ever had seen. And even though he drew quickly, every line was made with absolute excellency, his full attention at it. He finished sketching her head, her beautiful eyes and marks, that smile that took his breath away.

The pointy ears, long horns and the soft white hair, she was beautiful, Callum wanted this drawing the be perfect, like Rayla, and it was. He managed to capture her essence, the invisible feeling that just was there, that made her, well, Rayla. Callum has never imagined he would fall for an elf, especially a moonshadow assassin, but here he was, drawing her, the most beautiful girl he had ever seen, wanting her face to never be lost to time. She had to be remembered. And drawing her was calming, it meant he got to look at her face.

The prince was almost ready, and so deeply concentrated, that he didn’t notice said elf walking up to him.