two

August 6th, 1995

"I say it's time to take action," Sirius announced.

There was clattering from the hallway, only for us to be met with Moody, Shacklebolt, Tonks, Elphias Doge, and Emmeline walking into the kitchen. They joined us at the table with Sirius, Remus, Molly, Arthur, and Snape.

It was still weird to have Snape on our side.

"Shh! Keep your voices down," Molly instructed.

I glanced around the corner to see Harry standing in the hallway, looking confused but slightly relieved.

"... Stronger and stronger by the minute! We have to act now-" Sirius trailed off when he caught sight of Harry.

Molly stepped out of the kitchen. "Harry," She greeted.

"Missus Weasley!"

The kitchen door was swung closed, leaving our conversation to continue.

"Sirius, we need to think rationally about this, we have no plan whatsoever," Remus said.

Regulus sat up straighter in his chair. "Remus is right. Think about it, we have absolutely no knowledge about the current situation. It'd be like taking a knife to a gun fight."

"We have to make it known that we're back, and that we're going to fight back," Sirius continued.

I pinched the bridge of my nose, trying to get rid of the headache I could feel coming on.

"Sirius, we don't have to do anything tonight," I muttered. "We don't have to do anything until after Harry's trial. That is our priority right now."

"Right, and he deserves to know what's going on," Sirius said.

Everyone in the room collectively groaned.

Molly frowned, "Sirius-"

"If it wasn't for Harry, we wouldn't even know Voldemort was back," Sirius argued. "He's not a child, Molly."

"He's not an adult either! He's not James, Sirius," Molly said.

That struck a nerve with Sirius, and it made Remus shift uncomfortably in his seat.

Sirius muttered, "He's not your son."

"He's as good as. Who else has he got?"

"He's got me," Sirius answered.

Snape said, "How touchingly paternal, Black. Perhaps Potter will grow up to be a felon, just like his godfather."

"You stay out of this, Snivelus."

"That was too far," Tonks whispered from her spot to my left.

"I don't care what you think you know-"

Sirius cut Snape off again. "I know better," He argued.

"Then why don't you just go tell him everything right now, Sirius?"

Remus slammed his hand on the table, getting everyone's attention. "Can we not do this tonight? We can figure this all out later, now is not the time."

"We have all the time," Snape countered. "Since he's hiding in his mother's house."

"Enough," I yelled, "Both of you! It's embarrassing, you are grown adults. Work your issues out on your own time."

Regulus placed his hand on my thigh reassuringly.

"Right, Meredith is right," Remus agreed. "Let's drop it for now. The meeting can be done for tonight."

"Someone go get the kids for dinner," Molly said.