Leaving for the rebellion

I had finally returned to Tazuna's house after I had found a way to cover the horns on my head. A simple genjutsu had done the trick.

No one noticed anything. Zabuza sent me some blood to drink on the daily and the day finally arrived. We all went to the bridge whole Naruto slept in and saw all the unconscious people.

I checked on them as Kakashi prepared for a fight. I rolled my eyes. If he tried to kill Zabuza-nii this time, I would hurt him. I listened to their small talk and waved lazily at Haku, who nodded in return.

I stayed out of the fight for a while and snickered as Sasuke got stuck inside the dome of mirrors. His screams were amusing.

But when I saw Naruto show up and almost hit Haku's mask, I leapt to stop him. I twisted his arm and slammed my fist onto his head, knocking him out cold. Everyone stared in shock.

"Sakura! What are you doing?!" Kakashi screamed. I glared.

"Saving my brothers. That's what Hatake." I snapped. His eyes widened as I dropped Naruto with ease, kicking Sasuke back into the dome as he tried to make a sneaky escape. I dropped my genjutsu and let my horn come into play, seeing fear in Ami's eyes.

I laughed as Kakashi glanced at me again, eyes wide in shock and disbelief. I turned to face him.

"Let the Nara family know that I did care for them. And Anko and Ibiki too. But they weren't enough to fight the hatred I have for the village. Come on Zabuza-nii! Haku-nii! We're leaving. Gato will most likely try to kill us even if we finish the job anyways."

They both hesitated but joined my side. We turned and ran into the forest. I heard the cries of my former comrades as I vanished into the thick brush, rogue nin on each side of me. I followed Zabuza-nii as he told me that we would be heading for the rebellion in kirigakure.

I ended up carrying Haku after his legs gave out from lack of chakra. He sighed in relief as he finally got some rest. I smiled at him as we forced out chakra to vanish to hide from the oncoming Kakashi. I threw a small bomb to cover our scent and we finally lost him.

We settled down to camp for the night and I threw my headband into the flames. I had already cut into the metal, marking myself a rogue. We all huddled together to stay warm and slept peacefully.

I woke first and made a quick breakfast for everyone before packing our camp and waking my new brothers. We set off again and lost the Anbu that tried to tail us. It took us a solid three days to get to our destination.

Zabuza got all of us through, getting slaps on the back and curious looks pointed at me and Haku. Many backed away from me after seeing my horns, which I proudly showed off by raiding my head up high.

Then I saw them. Ao and Mei. The rebellion leader and her right hand. I bowed my head in respect as Zabuza-nii led us over.

"Mei. It's been a while hasn't it?"

"It has Zabuza. Who are these two?" She asked, eyes narrowing.

"Haku, the last of the Yuki clan and Sakura Haruno, my new little sister." Her eyes widened.

"Sakura Haruno? The youngest person to ever work in a T&I division?" I blinked.

"Yes? I left Konoha for personal reasons and Zabuza took me in." She stared at me.

"How do we know we can trust you?" I raised an eyebrow.

"You never know if you can trust anyone. No matter what. My own parents tried starving me to death more than once. I'm loyal so long as you keep Sasuke Uchiha away." I added the last part.

She hesitantly nodded, concern in her beautiful eyes. "Well then. How did you get those horns?" She changed the topic.

"Surrogate sister died and gave me part of her soul. She had horns." Ao was about to speak but someone ran up to us panting.

"Lady Mei! The south division came back! They're all really injured and the medics died!" She froze as her mouth opened in horror. Silence fell in the camp. I could see people rushing others in on stretchers and stood. I stared at the man.

"I'm good with medical ninjutsu. Just tell me where the more unstable people are so I can start." He didn't wait for Mei to respond before dragging me to a group with heavy burns.

I began to heal them and saw Haku treating the less injured ones. I finished very fast and moved to the next group. One person from this area had died on the way in so there was nothing I could do for her.

Many others joined in helping with minor wounds as I tended to the near dead people. Mei's eyes stayed on my form for hours, a grateful air around her. By the time the sun set, a total of thirteen had died and fifty seven had been saved. The thirteen were given burials whole everyone else rested.

But I knew Yagura's army was much bigger. This had been a bigger casualty compared to the pathetic twenty that they had killed. Yagura had thousands at his command.

We needed a plan. And I needed a way to leave kiri behind to go back to the Akatsuki. I need a plan to be free from the invisible bonds of the earth.