Chapter 5

"Thea, that's no way to talk to your patients." Savannah gritted out sharply through her teeth, low enough for only her to hear. Although she heard the scolding from her supervisor, she could only gape at the man in shock.

"Excuse Doctor Mckay. This is her first day back at her job so she's a bit out of it." She smiled, trying to make up for Thea's behaviour but Elio didn't seem to mind.

"No worries," He chuckled lowly, walking into the room. He took the liberty to sit down on the couch where her patients usually sat before glancing back up at her.

Savannah cleared her throat, but the two were too busy staring at each other to notice.

"Alright, I'll leave you two be, I have other things to do." Savannah excused herself before quickly walking out of the room and closing the door behind her, leaving the two alone.

For a moment, no words were exchanged and they watched each other in silence. Thea had already recovered from her shock and was now glaring at him rather than gaping.

"Please don't tell me you're actually stalking me." She scoffed, crossing her arms.

"I'm not," He assured her, crossing a leg one leg over the other, almost cockily—if that was even possible.

There was something about him that made Thea boil with anger. Maybe it was the way that he was acting as if he owned the place. Or it might've been the fact that she had slept with him just two days ago.

"Then why is it that everywhere I turn, you're always there?" Her voice was two octaves higher, clearly pissed off. He raised an eyebrow, amused by her infuriation.

"Ever heard of a coincidence? Also, you're cute when you're mad."

She rolled her eyes, turning around to grab something from her cabinet, hoping to hide the blush that had crept up her cheeks. Pretending to grab a random file, she turned around once the redness on her face had dissipated.

The burning stare of Elio's eyes was growing uncomfortable as she set the file on the table and opened it.

"Here is what's going to happen." She began, fishing out the piece of paper she was looking for in the file. She walked over to him and handed him the sheet of paper. "This is a list of wonderful psychologists that would be great at sorting out whatever problems you have."

He merely skimmed over the paper in a matter of seconds before looking back up, pouting his lips.

"But I want you." He whispered out, his voice so low and sensual, it shook her to her very core.

Her eyes widened, the breath in her lungs was completely gone as she was once again, frozen in shock by the man who was too tempting for his own good.

She cleared her throat, shuddering internally as she shook off the feeling.

"You haven't even scheduled an appointment." She pointed out even though she knew that was a poor excuse.

"Savannah told me that you would be available today."

She let out a sigh of frustration. Of course, she did. First day back and this was her first patient?

"I don't see the problem here, Dr. Mckay. I'm your patient and you're my therapist. I'm paying you to listen to me bitch about my problems so let's get going." He made a circular motion with his hands as if to tell her to hurry up.

"Okay, no. Whatever this is," She gestured between the two of them. "—is not going to work out. I suggest you go find another therapist because I'm not going to be yours."