Chapter 16

She made a face. "Not gonna happen, Chambers."

"We'll see about that." He smirked, running a tongue across his bottom lip. Giving her a provoking look, he walked past her and up to the counter. Ignoring her previous objections, he continued walking as she quickly hurried towards him, following closely behind.

"I'm never even going to wear that!" She seethed, hoping to stop him without having to cause a scene. She struggled to catch up with his long strides, as he made it closer and closer to the counter. They'd even caught the attention of customers nearby from the commotion they were causing. He snorted, ignoring her. "Elio!" She hissed out his name, growing impatient. As she reached for the piece of lingerie, he quickly yanked it out of her grasp.

"That's not even my size!" She hissed out.

He paused in his steps, turning his head towards her. He slowly turned around, holding the piece of lingerie up next to her to compare it with her body. He cocked his head to the side, doubtful. "What is your size, then?"

She pressed her lips together, hesitant. "Well, I'm not sure. I'd have to try it on first." She replied, hoping he wouldn't realize that she was stalling. She knew her size. Every girl did.

His expression remained impassive as he thought for a moment. "Alright let's go." He suddenly said before he turned to head towards the dressing rooms.

Cursing silently beneath her breath, hoping that he wouldn't seriously buy it once she'd tried it on. She quickly caught up to him as he walked up to the lady by the entrance of the dressing rooms.

"Hey, can I get a dressing room?" She heard him ask the lady. The lady's face immediately lit up, smiling as she nodded.

"Yeah of course! Just that item?" She gestured to the lingerie piece in his hand. The lady raised a questioning brow before she noticed that Thea had walked up from behind him. Elio flashed the lady a smile, nodding.

"Follow me." She said, giving Thea a brief look before she led them down the hallway. The lady unlocked the door, allowing Thea in before she walked off.

Grabbing the lingerie from Elio's hand, Thea immediately closed the dressing room door behind her. Knowing him, he would've tried to come in and watch her as she undressed. He chuckled quietly to himself from the other side of the door before taking a step back.

Thea turned around, looking at herself in the mirror. Letting out a slow breath, she tugged off her shirt. She then proceeded to unbuckle her pants, pulling them down and stepping out of them. Picking up the flimsy material, she attempted to figure out how her body would fit inside. After a couple of moments, she finally distinguished the straps from the slip dress and pulled them over her head. Slipping her arms through the holes, she pulled it down, adjusting it around her curves.

Looking at herself in the mirror, her eyes widened at how well fit around her body. Although it covered next to nothing, it brought out her every curve, making her seem much more voluptuous. An approving smile spread on her lips.

She heard shuffling behind the door before a pair of feet appeared from below the dressing room door, followed by a knock.

"Did you put it on yet?" Elio asked.

"Yeah." She replied, still checking herself out in the mirror. Suddenly, the door opened from behind her and Elio slipped in.

"What the hell?!" She hissed out, immediately covering her body with her arms but to no avail. She swore she had locked the door.

Completely disregarding her reaction, he moved to peel her arms away from her body. Her arms dropped to her side in defeat, scowling as Elio began to check her out. He raised both his brows, clearly impressed as a look of approval spread across his face.