Chapter 7

The apartment complex that Elio lived in was not too shabby, to say the least. The tall modern-style apartment complex was six stories tall. The building was dark grey with white trim and each floor had a large balcony with a glass railing. It was way out of her budget to afford but somewhere she would choose to live if she had a choice.

As she hesitantly got out of the car, she was finally beginning to realize what was happening. Maybe it was panic kicking in or the fact that she was going to live with Elio fucking Chambers. Whatever it was, her instinct was telling her to flee and go back to the shitty motel she had been living in for the past week.

She shuddered at the thought. Spending her nights tossing and turning on the rock-hard mattress (which probably hasn't been cleaned in the past year or so), the very last thing she wanted to do was to return. Not to mention that the bathroom that came along with the motel room wasn't the most sanitary either. All varieties and sorts of STDs lurked in the shithole, everything from chlamydia to hepatitis B.

The sketchy neighbourhood the motel was located in was just the cherry on top. The place had to be a hotspot for drug-dealers. Whenever she looked out the window, there would always be some sketchy man in a hoodie with a package too suspicious to not contain drugs.

She was surprised that nobody had tried to slash her car during her stay in the dump. She still had a couple of her things that were still being kept there but she wasn't going to go get them. At least not tonight.

Standing up out of the car, she stared up at the building. So much nicer than that crappy motel.

She grabbed her bag and sucked in a deep breath as she shut the car door behind her. Growing a lady pair, she walked out of the parking lot and down the pathway towards the building.

The large pathway to the apartment was decorated by trimmed circular bushes and well-lit with ground lights. So much better.

She made her way to the entrance doors and they slid open as she walked in, greeted by the warm air. Walking down the hallway, she made her way to the front desk. She noticed a lady was behind the desk, loudly smacking on the gum in her mouth and texting away on her phone.

The lady hadn't even noticed Thea standing there until she cleared her throat, getting her attention. The lady eyed Thea from head to toe, a displeased look settling in her eyes as she set her phone down.

"You're not a current resident here already, are you?" The lady asked, loudly chewing on the bright green gum that was visible to anyone near.

"No, I'm here to... visit a friend." Thea smiled, trying to ignore her hostility. Someone fire this bitch.

"What apartment number?"

"C6"

There was a short moment of silence as the lady looked at Thea up and down again.

"Alright, go ahead." She finally said, picking her phone up once again.

"Thank you." Thea thanked her but received no reply.

She walked off to the elevator down the hallway, pressing the up button and the elevator doors slid open. Stepping inside it, she pressed the button for the third floor and the doors slid closed, taking her to the third floor. When she arrived, the doors slid open once again and she walked out, going to find room C6. Thankfully she didn't have to search for too long since it was only the second room down.

Clutching her bag, she stood before the tall grey apartment door with the silver tag C6 on it, staring at it. She pursed her lips, deep in thought.

She was still contemplating whether or not she should go through with this or not. Going over the past few days in her head in a matter of seconds, she tried to figure where it all went wrong to land her right here; about to go live with one of her hookups.