Chapter 12

"Alright, Mrs. Terry. I'll see you next week." Thea said to her patient as she piled her papers together, getting ready to leave as her patient made her way to the door. Another great session.

"See you soon, dear." The elderly woman replied before she left the office.

Thea let out an exhale as the door closed before she got out of her seat. She had just finished her last session of the day and was beginning to get ready to go home.

She began to clean up, gathering her things. Once she was done, she grabbed her bag off her desk as well as a couple of extra things on the desk and placed them inside her bag. Double-checking to make sure everything was put up and cleaned up on her way out, she locked up her office.

She walked down the hallway, getting ready to head home. Just when she was about to take a turn to walk down the stairs of the building, she was stopped.

"Hey, Thea," A familiar male voice called out from behind her and she turned around to face whoever had called her name. Max.

"Hey, Max." She replied, turning around completely. He smiled crookedly before slowly walking up to her.

"I'm sorry I couldn't make it last night-" He immediately began apologizing but she quickly cut him off.

"It's fine, Max. You had a family problem." Thea reassured him, giving him a half-hearted smile. Of course, he was still worried about not showing up yesterday.

She reached out her arm, patting him on the side of his arm.

He smiled looking down at her hand, relieved. "So we're cool then?"

She smiled back but the look on her face faltered for a second, reminded of the dress she had worn last night. Thank God, he couldn't make it yesterday. The last thing she needed was her coworker seeing her boobs fall out of the dress of her panties.

"Yeah, we're cool." She uttered before nodding. He nodded too before turning around to go back to his office.

Sparing him one last glance, she turned around and continued to walk out of the building. She made her way down the stairs, and to the main entrance. She bid the lady at the front desk farewell before heading towards the sliding glass doors. The sky was darkening by the second and nighttime was approaching.

She grabbed her car keys from her bag as the doors slid open and she walked through them. Grabbing the remote to her car, she unlocked it and glanced up to see her car flash, unlocked now. As she walked closer to her car, she noticed someone was there, leaning on her car. The hell?

It was a young woman around her age, staring up at the darkening sky. As she walked closer, she noticed the woman was blonde, a type of natural light blonde that Thea had only known one person to have. Her long hair was well-groomed, easily her greatest aspect, just about reaching her waist.

When she finally made her way to her car, she slowly realized who the familiar woman was, leaning on her car.

"Hannah?" She choked out the name, ogling at the woman who was still too preoccupied with staring at the sky. After a moment or so, the woman turned her head to glance at Thea. A wide smile spread across the woman's cheeks as she saw her older sister for the first time in a year.

"Hello, Thea." She greeted her, walking around the car to hug Thea. Thea was frozen to her spot in shock, unable to move with her sister's arms wrapped around her. Her nostrils welcomed the familiar vanilla smell her sister had always had despite the time they had been apart.

Although Hannah was the younger sister, she was still taller by a solid couple of inches.

"Aww, come on. You're not even going to hug me back?" Hannah teased, rubbing her sister's head before taking a step back.