fourteen

"mom?"

"mom?"

mrs. kim smiled as she waved to his son and motioned for a hug. sunoo embraced his mother with his mouth agape.

"you haven't called me in almost two weeks, and i became concerned, so i flew here to check on you," mrs. kim said, caressing sunoo's back as sunoo pulled away from the hug and smiled at her.

"i'm sorry, mom. i got busy and forgot to call you, but don't worry, i'll call you every two weeks," sunoo said, holding his mother's hand as mrs. kim nodded and slowly averted her gaze to the boy behind sunoo.

"who is he, and is he a classmate of yours?"

sunghoon was startled when everyone's attention was drawn to him. he even cast a quick glimpse over at jungwon, who stiffled his laughter behind sunoo's mother, and diverted his gaze to his boyfriend, who was smiling.

"sunghoon, this is my mom," sunoo said, pointing to her mother directly in front of sunghoon, "and mom, this is sunghoon, my boyfriend."

after only a few days of dating the younger, sunghoon had no idea he'd encountered sunoo's mother. he hadn't even prepared himself, and he'd be honest if he said he's nervous.

mrs. kim raised her brow, making the older even more anxious.

however, mrs. kim joyously squeezed sunghoon's cheek before saying, "aw, sunoo, you never said you had such a good-looking boyfriend?"

sunghoon was too stunned to speak. after he'd been intimidated by sunoo's mother not long ago, and now she adores him and perhaps even clings to his arms.

"you wouldn't have to be formal, sunghoon, son."

sunghoon could only mumble, "yes, mrs. kim," from the corners of his mouth.

no, he wasn't bothered. he just found it amusing that mrs. kim welcomed him so warmly.

it was different out of his own perspective as well as, of course, from what he might have expected.

mrs. kim questioned him, "just call me mom from now on, would it be good for you?" as he cracked a smile and nodded.

sunoo and jungwon laughed so hard over the two's conversation that mrs. kim forgot she had left what she had boiled bubbling and ran for it, implying that sunghoon is free of her cling.

"i don't know what else to say. i didn't expect to encounter your mom." sunghoon said as he eventually turned over the two boys in front of him.

sunoo grinned and hugged him, saying, "mom already likes you, so don't worry about that now. she even asked you to call her mom instead."

"agreed. mrs. kim is just like sunoo hyung. i mean, he must've replicated his features on to her." said jungwon, who crossed his arms on his chest.

sunghoon smiled and nodded. fortunately, the two have made him loosen up for a moment, you know, if he'll be around mrs. kim afterwards.