nineteen

the sun had already set, and they had gathered around the fire pit to start the bonfire

the sun had already set, and they had gathered around the fire pit to start the bonfire. it is their very last night, as they will stay until tomorrow morning before returning home.

"should we reveal our secrets today?" riki asked as jongseong and sunghoon glared at him, causing him to stiffen his laughter.

"i'm pretty sure i don't have any secrets to reveal right now," jake replied confidently.

"that's no fun, hyung. i'm sure you have one," jungwon teased jake as he shook his head.

"then let's start with me, and you get to pick who comes next, and vice versa. is that good?"

"of course, riks. that's a good idea. after all, we wouldn't just drink beer and stare at the fire, would we?" heeseung said, making them laugh and agree.

"so, tell us your secret?" sunoo smiled as he asked the youngest. sunoo may have known what it was the first time he saw riki look at his best friend.

"i don't have any secrets right now," riki said as he slowly stared at jungwon as the other boy raised an eyebrow, "but i want to get to know jungwon better before we go back to america."

heeseung teasingly nudged riki's side while laughing, causing the youngest to become shy and scratch the back of his neck.

jungwon smiled and found riki adorable with that confession, and he also pondered becoming acquainted with the younger because they have a few common traits.

he wants to be closer to riki, not romantically, since jungwon considers riki to be his new friend.

"next, it'll be his brother," sunghoon said as jongseong closed his eyes and heaved sighed as they chuckled.

"i like somebody who might or might not be able to be mine," jongseong said as he sipped his drink.

"only love can hurt like this," heeseung sang, making everyone laugh, including jongseong, who nearly spit the beer out of his mouth.

the night was long, and despite only knowing each other for a few days, it felt like they had known each other for years.

after an hour, jongseong and heeseung were the only ones drinking, while jake, riki, and jungwon decided to play online games inside the house, and the couples sat on the shoreline admiring luna.

"are you happy?" sunoo asked sunghoon, who sat beside him, staring at the calm waves of the sea.

"i should say, i've been trying to be happy for months now," sunghoon began as sunoo stared at him.

he then turned his gaze to sunoo and made eye contact with him before saying, "and i could say, yes. i'm happy. really happy. i could be happier tomorrow, but i'm the happiest right now because i'm with you."

"me too, love," sunoo replied, smiling as sunghoon planted a kiss on his forehead and drew him closer to his chest, sunoo resting his head on sunghoon's chest.

"we'll meet mom when we get home, i'm sure you two will get along," sunghoon muttered while caressing sunoo's hair, as the younger hummed with his eyes closed in response.

a few moments later, sunoo's small snores made him smile. he was amazed by how quickly sunoo fell asleep. he seemed to enjoy so much that he became exhausted.

"i'm so lucky to have you," sunghoon said as he looked at his face, admiring his pinkish cheeks, long eyelashes, and pouty lips.

he didn't even notice that he was smiling all this time while admiring sunoo.

"i love you, my sun," he said, planting a soft kiss on his cheeks.

️ㅤ

it was already morning, and surprisingly, jongseong and heeseung had no headaches despite being the only ones who had finished all of the liquor bottles the night before.

the boys were already packing their belongings, and since it was a long ride home. they left as early as possible.

sunghoon didn't get enough sleep in comparison to others because he stayed up late like jongseong and heeseung, which is why jake offered to drive them home using sunghoon's car.

heeseung was now seated on the front seat, next to the driver's seat, where jake was seated, next were the three boys and near the compartment where the couples were seated.

the car ride was oddly quiet, but they weren't surprised as it was an exhausting trip to begin with, and at the very least they get to experience such things.

they arrived safely and were now outside sunghoon's house, where the guard opened the gates as jake drove the car inside, slowly parking it in the garage.

"we are here, kids," jake said, making heeseung laugh, and walked out of the car before opening the door and gently tapping the boys on the shoulder to wake them up.

they slowly walked out of the car and grabbed their luggage from the trunk, some of them were half asleep and some were hungry because they hadn't eaten before leaving for home.

"let's eat, plus mom is here right now. good chance that you'll see and meet her for the first time," sunghoon said as his cousins entered first, followed by sunoo's friends, and he helped sunoo with his luggage.

sana placed the luggages in the living room and motioned them to the dining area, where sunghoon's mother was already seated and waiting for them.

"hello, auntie," jongseong said as he hugged her, followed by riki as mrs. park hugged them back.

"you're so tall, riki. you're taller than jongseong," she said, as riki scratched the back of his neck shyly.

mrs. park then turned her attention to sunoo's friends, as well as sunghoon and sunoo, who were the last to enter the dining area.

"hi mom," sunghoon said as she smiled and motioned for sunghoon to introduce them to her.

sunghoon then obeyed and introduced heeseung, jake and jungwon to her, particularly his boyfriend, sunoo, who shyly smiled at mrs. park.

"i was right, you looked cute just like your name." mrs. park said as sunoo bowed and smiled as she motioned them to join her for dinner.

mrs. park asked them a few questions about their trip and even laughed at their stories. she also told sana to bring the cake she ordered for sunghoon's win as they took photos.

she also laughed when heeseung asked if they could drink one champagne displayed from their kitchen glass cabinets.

they were already in the living room when she told sunghoon to order food and ask sana for assistance if they needed it, and she told him to let his friends feel at ease inside their home.

"sunoo?"

mrs. park called sunoo, who stopped laughing and rose from his seat while staring at sunghoon's mom.

"yes, ma'am?"

sunoo's heart was pounding so fast that he didn't notice sunghoon approaching him and caressing his hand, assuring him everything was fine.

"follow me."

❙ tbc.