Chapter 1

School bells rang throughout the town announcing that it was over for the summer. Excitedly, kids ran out racing all over town. Many hopped onto their bikes and strode out. One of them was Parker who was not looking forward to an empty summer with no friends. He sighed as he unhitched his bike and rode off to head home. Now it wasn't that Parker had no friends, they just weren't going to be around the whole summer.

"Parker! Wait up!" his friend shouted to him. Parker stopped and allowed his friend to catch up. "You ready for summer?" his friend Billy asked. "Not really, I'm not going to have anything to do this summer. Plus no one's going to be here."

"Oh c'mon! You have to have something planned!" Billy insisted. "By planned you mean staying at home every single day at home. I mean c'mon, you know my parents won't do anything fun!" he replied.

Billy shrugged his shoulders and they began riding back on their own. As they rode around their little town, they came across the huge remains of the factory. "Dang, it's still here! I thought they were going to tear this down weeks ago!" Billy exclaimed. "What do you mean? What is this place?" Parker asked. "Where have you been? It's Joey Drew studios! From ages ago! I think from the 1930s, or maybe the 1940s. I don't remember. But they said they were going to tear it down." Billy explained.

"Why didn't they?"

"Good question. I'm not too sure. They keep saying there was too much going on. Like too many catastrophes or something. It was so weird. I heard my dad saying that there was something demonic in there! Also, I heard people go missing in there." he said.

Seeing that it was getting late, they decided they needed to continue heading home just in case their parents might question their absence. First, Billy made it home to his house and began to head into the driveway. "Cheer up Park, it can't be that bad! Besides, you'll get bored of me within a week! I'll be back before you know it!" Parker smiled and ruffled his hair. "I'll try not to get too bored! Just hurry up!" Parker added. "You got it! Cya!" Billy said and headed towards his house.

Leaving him alone, Parker made it back home and parked his bike in the garage. He walked inside his home where his parents were already sitting at the dinner table eating and looking down at their phones. "Mom, Dad, I'm home!"  he said, announcing his presence. "Uh-huh that's nice dear." his mom replied. Parker sighed and headed towards the kitchen to get his dinner out from the fridge. Today was a Friday. This means his family usually ordered Chinese takeout in order to relax in the evening. He pulled out the container that had a sticky note attached to it with his name on it.

As he pulled it out, he saw his usual order with chicken. He groaned and looked over his shoulder. "Mom! I've told you a thousand times! I'm vegetarian!" he shouted. "Oh, my bad. Not a big deal, just pick the chicken out!" his mom shouted back. Parker groaned once more. He threw the container on the counter and pulled out a fork and in another, there was a toothpick.

Taking his time, he picked out all the meat and threw it in another container for his dog that raced up to him excitedly. Seeing his dog, Parker bent down to feed the dog who wagged his tail.

"Here you go, Hudson," Parker said, handing over the bowl. Hudson gulped down all the food and left Parker to take his smaller meal to the kitchen table. As he made it to the table, his parents barely looked up from their phones to even tell him hello. Parker meanwhile sat there awkwardly, barely touching his food. Finally, he found the words. "So! Mom and Dad. I think you both know that summer vacation is here. Look I know you guys can be busy. But... do you think we could do something together?"

Suddenly, Parker's father placed his phone down in annoyance. "Parker, you know as well as I do that we work too hard for this family. We know it's your summer vacation. I'm sorry but there's too much going on at work. There won't be anything happening this year." he stated. Parker angrily pushed his food away. "There's never time for anything!" he shouted.

"Park you how much our company needs us right now. They need us more than ever. It's important. I'm sure you can find something to do over the summer." Paker's mother reassured. Parker stood up and almost made the chair fall. "You guys never have time! I've been waiting this whole year for a great summer! And now I'm going to spend yet another summer all year alone! One day, you guys are gonna miss me and wish you did something rather than shut yourselves in the office all day!"

With that, he stormed off to the bedroom, slamming the door behind him. He sat down at his desk and pulled out his sketchbook. Opening up the last page he was on, he frowned looking at the old characters he drew. He smiled at his own version of Bendy and Boris. He remembered his family turning on the channel with the old cartoons. A happier time. Frustrated he threw it on the ground and climbed up onto the top bunk. He stared up at the ceiling and sighed. "Tomorrow... Tomorrow will be different."