Chapter 31

The surviving monsters collected themselves and looked around when things inside simmered down. That's when they noticed the unconscious Buddy lying there unresponsive. One poked him wondering if he would wake up. He didn't. They took the chance to drag him away into the shadowy darkness of the ink. None of them remembered that there were two teens that hadn't even made it into their grasp.

Parker looked out from the crack. They had all left indefinitely. For some reason though, he couldn't bring himself to walk out. The fear had made him paralyzed. Rosa on the other hand sat there crying as she held her head in her hands. "First I lose Allison and Tom... Then I watch Sammy get dragged away... Bill, Brant, and Constance are gone... And then we just sit there as Buddy risks his life and explodes on a fair ride... I mean who's next?! What more do I have to sacrifice here!?" she cried out. "Rosa-" Parker began. "No! Don't tell me it'll be okay because it's not! I've been told that so many times and it means nothing! Nothing! Trapped here for three years and nothing's ever been resolved! I just... I just want all of this to end..." she sobbed. She continued to sob in her place, holding herself comfortingly.

All the pain and struggle she had dealt with for years was finally catching up to her. Now it had all become too much to bear. Parker scooted closer and brought Rosa closer to himself. Rosa didn't refuse as she cried into his jacket while he stayed there not saying anything else. "I wasn't going to say that by the way," he said. "I was going to say... At least I have you..."

...

Hours must've gone by. Parker fluttered his eyes open realizing he must've fallen asleep. Peaking out the crack again, there was no sign of danger. Rosa felt his movement and woke up too to inspect the area with him. Neither of them knew what to do now. The last time they were on their own was when they left for Ink Blobs. It didn't stop them from crawling out of the small space. They gathered their weapons and supplies that were scattered throughout the room. "There's nothing we can do from this room. We need to find another way out of here. Somewhere in this studio, they've taken Buddy, Sammy, Constance, Bill, and Brant,"

Rosa nodded her head while approaching him. "Those creatures couldn't have gone far. We've gotta find them." he told her. "But where?! This whole place is a maze! I've never been so lost in my entire life! We don't have any guides! Any friends! No one!" she cried. "Rosa, calm down! We will find a way..." Parker reassured her. Rosa shook her head. "No! We don't know this place, Parker! We don't! You don't!" she shouted back. "Well, either way. I'll find my way! I'm going on to help our friends. Come with me if you want... I don't know how you feel about any of this... But I do know that you're all I've got right now..."

As Parker began to walk off into the dark, Rosa soon caught up to him and followed him where he went all the way back to where the door of Bendy Land was still open up for them to leave. Parker took the chance and began to exit. They took the stairs to go down. The vent that was there didn't have ink that clogged it this time. Taking his cell phone out, Parker turned on the flashlight. So far it looked like the coast was clear. Then he crawled into the ventilation without having to think about it. Rosa hesitantly followed right behind him.

The small cramped space made him shudder every now and then. He knew he couldn't stop now though. Wherever their friends were, they had to hurry. Anything could happen. Suddenly speakers went off again but they were slightly muffled from being inside the vents. "We have finally retrieved that pesky wolf and the corrupted musician. Those cowardly, backstabbing Lost Ones have been captured and locked away for us to use. Now, find that boy! Find him and his little girlfriend! Look for him! BRING HIM TO ME!" he ordered. Parker bit his lip wondering how to feel. He glanced over his shoulder to see Rosa trying to keep it together. She was still shaken from all these events.