Chapter 8: Karma and that shit

Author's note: Hey there, I'm back with a little update, more of a filler chapter but those are needed too. Beware: in this chapter Chaeyoung is becoming a horny teenager who might hurt people's feeling without even realizing it, please be patient with her. Hope you like it!

Blank. White. Empty... cold. 'tiny spider'

Those were the adjectives that came to mind as Chaeyoung stared at her ceiling. It's been a few days since that day at Mina's house and frankly, Chaeyoung wouldn't stop thinking about it.

Not exactly it... but her. Mina represented confidence for Chaeyoung. Therefore, having seen Mina being so honest and vulnerable with her that afternoon, was making her think twice about how she had classified Mina in her head. Maybe Mina was more than 'the girl teaching me how to kiss'

And she had learned, of course. Now there was only one class left and Chaeyoung hated that she should be feeling glad but instead... she felt already missing them. So, these past days she had unconsciously been avoiding Mina.

Not in a bad way, she hoped. Just delaying last lesson. Chaeyoung was not good with excuses, though. And it was time to accept, she sucked at texting. It was hard to understand voice tones with emotions, imagine just reading plain words and a few emojis. Not helping.

From Mina
Got home safe?

To Mina
Hated the smell

From Mina
What smell?

To Mina
New

From Mina
I know you hate texting but care to elaborate?

To Mina
no

Needless to say, Mina didn't insist. And Chaeyoung was okay with that. She needed time to get her head straight. Or at least, think about more important things than just Mina's lips. And hips. 'and waist... and hands, her smile, her warm breath....'

"Chaeng," Tzuyu called. "You're doing it again."

"What?" Chaeyoung answered distracted.

"Pulling from your lip," Tzuyu frowned. "People might think you're trying to seduce me."

Chaeyoung tilted her head. Both confused about her action and people thinking that. "That's silly," she said. "I'll stop."

"Yeah, you already said that... anyway, what's got you like that?" Tzuyu picked up a fry. They were waiting for their friends at the usual place with milkshakes and burgers. Chaeyoung had convinced Tzuyu to just get milkshakes and a portion of fries to share. "Important test? 'Cause I don't recall, should I be studying?"

"No, we are clear," Chaeyoung said checking her phone just in case.

"Ah, perfect, then," Tzuyu smiled, and just then everyone else arrived. By everyone, yes, it meant Dahyun and Momo but also Angelo. Chaeyoung was okay with it, friends are allowed to hang out, right? At least it was not another silly movie date.  It wasn't surprising for Chaeyoung because Dahyun made sure to let her know. Of course she would tell her, Dahyun knows she and unexpected don't go. 'although Mina is always changing my plans and is not as bad as—'

"Chaeng?"

"Oh, don't bother," Tzuyu said. "She is been spacing out since I got here."

"I have not," Chaeyoung answered feeling insulted. "Hi."

She managed to greet everyone and not distract herself with other thoughts for a while. Momo got more food for everyone and they were all having a good time. Chaeyoung was too, she got to sit next to Dahyun and Angelo was at the other side of the table. That's a win in her head.