futaomote x reader

platonic+slight angst?? idk

As you walked down the street towards your friends house, you could hear the judgmental whispers coming from the other villagers, but tried to ignore them. You had been friends with her for the longest time, she was one of the kindest people you knew. Still everyone judged her for being 'insane'. It wasn't her fault that she had problems, she didn't choose to be like this, no-one would. You finally arrived at her house and were quickly greeted by her daughter, hiachi.

"hi miss! are you here to see my mama again?" she asked while looking up at you, doll in hand. "why yes i am! is she here?" you asked. She nodded and took your hand as she lead you to futaomotes room.

When you entered you saw that the room was in total disarray, broken glass and splinters of wood littered the floor. You stood there in silence for a few moments before spotting futaomote in the corner of the room, quietly sobbing. You crouched down next to her,

"Futaomote are you ok? what happened?" you asked her. "No!" she yelled "I cant do anything right, i feel like im a terrible friend and an even worse mother.." she said in between sobs. You pulled her into a tight hug "You're one of the kindest people i know, who cares if you have outbursts like this, no matter what i will always love and care about you futaomote. And so will hiachi." you say to her in a soft tone.

After a few more minutes of sitting on the floor hugging each other, futaomote wiped her boogers and tears on your shoulder, and you decide that you should help her clean up the mess she unintentionally made. "Thank you so much for helping me, not just with the mess but helping to make me feel better too." futaomote said while smiling at you. "Im glad to help you any day, you're my best friend!" you replied.

After you finished cleaning, you decided to go on a walk with her. You enjoyed walking together, whether it was in the forest or around the village. Sometimes hiachi would even tag along if the weather was particularly nice that day, but right now it was just you and her walking through the forest. Futaomote had brought her basket to collect berries since you were going through a spot with bushes full of sweet berries.

"Oh! it's getting late y/n!" futaomote exclaimed. you looked up at the sky, and surely enough it was already dark. "We should head back now then!" you said, turning back the way you came. "You can go on ahead, make sure hiachi gets to bed, I want to collect a few more berries." she replied.

You waved goodbye to her and began to walk back to her house, and once you arrived you made sure hiachi went back to bed. As you entered your own home and settled into bed you hoped that futaomote had gone back to her house by now. Little did you know, hiachi had snuck out shortly after you left, and that that was the last time you would see either of them.