Disapointed

So... as I said before... on a message no one seemed to want to reply on... I am finishing this story up before I throw in the towel! But once it's over I want you guys to understand that it's really over! No sequel, no new stories about Thomas... no nothing about him at all! I will be on the new account I made for my original stories. @Robyn_Writes

Thursday came and went, and Dot was basically ignored.

"What is my job here?" She asked the director.

"Oh! Well, you get to basically help with how you envisioned everything! You get to help with script writing, directing, costume design, and casting!" The director smiled.'

"Then would you mind me asking why it is I have been shrugged off?" Dot asked. The director had a confused look on her face, "Ya know, ignored? Brushed aside? Dismissed? Disregarded? Minimized? Rel-"

"Ok! Ok! I get it! I'll talk to the guys to listen you more, and to do what you say." She said. Dot smiled.

"That's all I want. Thank you!" Dot smiled as the director walked away.

"She's never gonna do it." Amber said suddenly appearing at Dot's side.

"What?" Dot asked, "She said she would!" Dot picked up a chocolate cupcake and took a bite.

"Yeah, in the same way casting calls say 'We'll be in contact' and then they never call you, and they didn't leave you with a phone number." Amber replied shrugging.

<.^.>

Dot couldn't believe this. She realized she would have a lot more to do than write. Which, normally, she wouldn't mind! It was just that she had a separate job, writing, and she just flat out didn't want to make her books into movies.

"Miss Blosser?" Eleanor asked from her doorway. Dot turned to face her, "There's a young gentleman outside. He says you invited him over. Should I let him in?" She asked. Dot nodded slowly.

"I invited him! Nothing to worry about! And about Frank, is he ok? Cause last I heard he had a nasty cough, and so you have to work both doors." Dot said, "Is he alright?" She asked. Eleanor nodded.

"Just a cold! He'll be alright!" She smiled, "As will I! Not many come snooping around here!" She winked and walked back over to the front door.

"Dot?" He called into the house. She walked out to him, "What is it? You said it was urgent." He spoke softly. She sighed.

"You've read my books, right?" She asked. He nodded quickly and walked closer to her, "Well, I'm being forced into a film adaptation. And you know the characters?"

"Well, yes, but-" He was standing right in front of her. She stopped him again.

"I want you to- no, I need you to play Harvey. No one will get it right. And at least I can-" He stopped her and got closer.

"No, you can't just give me the job. I have to audition, I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I knew there was someone else out there that could do it better." He said.

"Thomas, I can't control much in this book adaptation, at least let me control the actor!" She said. She was clearly stuck between a rock and a hard place, but he agreed.

"I will be in your movie if you like, but you have to let me audition first. It's only fair." He said. She sighed and nodded quickly. He smiled. Her eyebrows were still crinkled together in worry.

"But... what if you don't get to be in it!?" She finally asked after a long stretch of time. He laughed.

"Don't worry!" He pulled her into a hug. This was rather odd to Thomas. She was never touchy-feely like this. She was always slightly cold shouldered. Right now though it was like she was a different person altogether.

"Thomas?" She asked from the crook of his neck, "What am I gonna do? What they're doing is like spray painting on the Mona Lisa. Or putting primer over 'The Creation of Adam'! It just isn't right!" He smiled down at her.

"If I do get into the film I'll threaten them that I'll quit if they don't do what you say! It'll be a piece of cake." He kissed her forehead causing her to look at him stunned. He swallowed hard.

"Thomas." She whispered. He pulled her closer and kissed her cheek, "Thomas, what are you doing?" She asked in the same hushed tone as before. He didn't reply with words, in stead he kissed her lips. She didn't fight him. She, in fact, kissed him back. They stood there kissing for a short time before her telephone rang. They both jumped. They felt as if they were breaking some rule by kissing each other.

She pulled out of the embrace to answer the phone.

"Yes?" She asked.

"Hello, yes, we are here after a Mr. Thomas Brodie-Sangster. We watched him go into the very house you're standing in. If you're near him let him know we're ready for him." Dot dropped the receiver.

"What?" Thomas asked, "Who is it?" Her bottom lip quivered.

"Someone is outside. He said 'We're waiting'. Who is we, Thomas?" She asked. He looked away in thought. She took it as guilt, "I cannot believe you." She turned away towards the door to her room.

"No! I didn't call anyone! I didn't bring anyone! I swear!" He said. She sighed.

"I think you should go." His heart nearly broke down.

"What?" He asked, "But I just got here! We just-" She stopped him.

"Just-" Her voice cracked, "Please, go." And so he left.

.^.

Yeah, so, that was...eventful... and no, this isn't the end of this!

Comment, vote, comment and also comment!