Gimme Some Truth

Please make sure you vote and comment.

"Miss Amber," Mortimer said looking at, seemingly, everyone at once. She looked up from her lap.

"Yes?" She asked. He peered over his glasses. His eyes were startling green. They seemed to stick out of his face, but be too far in as well.

"What are the future plans of Terry?" He asked. A girl with thick rimmed glassed typed everything he said.

"Uh, could you be a bit more specific?" Amber asked. He frowned.

"Any other book series in mind for her?" He asked again, "Any 'juicy detes' you can give?" He said with air quotes surrounding his heavily sarcastic words.

"I am not at liberty to say," Dot heaved a silent sigh, "But," She was suddenly worried, "I will say, she has mentioned nothing of the sort." Relief washed over Dot once more.

"Ok, now, Miss..." He gestured to Dot.

"Oh, you can call me Dot!" She said, "I came with Amber, I'm Miss Righter's secretary." She smiled.

"Alright, have you not heard she's making a television show out of the book series?" Really? Now he's asking her?

"Well, uh, I haven't ever heard anything, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything. She keeps to herself mostly, so, she doesn't really ask me for anything. Nor does she tell me anything." Dot took a breath after her reply. He decided to move on.

The whole thing didn't go very well at all. All she could do was watch everyone answer the questions he threw at them. She didn't get another chance to answer, but she was fine with that.

"Alright, last question. Miss Dot, where does Miss Terry Live, or Work?" He asked. She sat there for a second. It was difficult seeing if she should lie, or say the building her fanmail goes to. Even if she did, how would she know he would believe her. She waited a while longer. Thinking took brain power.

"Well?" He asked after a few minutes. She took a deep breath and looked into his eyes. She knew what she had to do.

"I-" Dot was cut off.

"The camera turned off!" Rodger said putting it down, and sitting down.

"Mine too." Fred said doing the same with his camera, but settling with leaning against the wall. Mortimer sighed, and rubbed his eyes with the bottom of the palm of his hands.

"This will have to go off record then." He looked back at Dot.

"Look, we all know that nothing is really off the record with you." Will said. He stood up, and walked over to the refreshment table. A few people followed him including Amber and who Dot recognized as Ryan. They all talked amongst themselves, all the while Dot sat there watching everyone mill about. Out of the corner of her eye she saw Mortimer looking back over his notes.

"Miss Dot, do you have an answer for my question?" He asked not even looking up at her. She shook her head.

"No, and I won't have one for you. I am not allowed to say." She said turning, and walking over to the table every one else was.

"Dot, right?" Dylan asked. She nodded, "You worked at the restaurant yesterday, right?" Dot slowly nodded again.

"Yeah, part time." She smiled, "Why do you ask?" He shrugged.

"Just checking." He said. The others were eating the cookies, and brownies off the large platters. Not even bothering to grab a plate she picked up two cookies and a brownie.

"Hungry much?" Will asked. She laughed.

"No, I just don't want to use a plate, duh." She said, and walked away.

"Uh, so, why do you work two jobs?" Thomas asked, "Doesn't Terry pay well?" He took a drink of the bottle of water that he had picked up a few seconds ago.

"Well, yes, but I need to keep up appearances for friends. I'm not really allowed to tell people I work for her. She's afraid that if her employees are open about working for her, people will start following us to work, and then they'll find out who she is. She wouldn't need me, but there's too much work as it is, and she'd rather write than it around doing paperwork. That's why I'm there. All she has to do then is make sure she writes the novel." She smiled at him. She then realized just how much sense that made. She should get herself a secretary. Thomas nodded, and they continued talking. Not much about themselves, but mainly about Amber and Ryan. They seemed to get along just fine. That is, until Amber's eyes lit with fury smacked him, and walked away with her nose in the air. She walked up to Dot.

"I can not believe him." She said. Dot chuckled, and looked over at Thomas. He, too, was trying to hide his giggles. He was clearly failing. Amber smacked his arm, and pulled Dot away.

"What did he do that was so heinous?" Dot asked. Amber rolled her eyes.

"Like you can't guess." She said looking away.

"Uh, no. I can't. I'm the one that stays home, and has no love life whatsoever, remember?" Dot asked chuckling again as she saw Thomas be pulled away by Ryan just as she had by Amber.

"He," She stopped for a second, "He totally told me to 'break a leg' at my audition tonight." She said. Dot was still clueless on why that was bad.

Across the room a similar situation was going down.

"Look, all I told her was good luck on her audition tonight! Then she hit me, and walked away!" Ryan said to Thomas. Thomas sighed.

"You never wish an actor good luck before an audition. It's considered bad luck." Thomas said, "And how you said it could also be a culprit. How did you say it?"

"I said, 'Oh, Break a leg, yeah?' and then she hit me." Ryan said rubbing his arm. Thomas laughed a bit.

"Just never say that. How have you been an actor this long, and not notice that?" Thomas asked. Ryan shrugged, and walked over to the food table.

"ARE WE FREE TO GO?!" Dylan called. Mortimer nodded, and shooed them away with his hand without even looking up.

Hi, yeah, so, I'm seriously drawing a blank on this right now....any ideas would be warmly welcome