The End

"Dorothy, you aren't eating. Are you alright?" Her mother asked from across the table. Dot looked up at her mother.

"Yeah, I'm just allergic to shrimp and most other sea foods, but why would you know that right?" Dot said softly looking over at Thomas, "If you'll just excuse me." She got up and left. They all watched her as she walked up the stairs and they heard a bedroom door close.

"Thomas, I'm sorry you have to put up with her and all of her," she paused, "emotional baggage." Thomas frowned.

"Baggage?" He asked, "I haven't run into anything like that except trust issues, but that isn't a big deal." Gertrude shook her head.

"It's just not right that you don't even know." She said, "You know she had a baby when she was younger?" She whispered over the table. Thomas was honestly surprised.

"She told me she hadn't even gone as far as sleep in the same bed with a man, let alone do enough to get pregnant." He put his fork down and found out, slowly but surely, why Dot hated her mother so much. The meal ended and Dot still hadn't come back.

"Probably throwing up, you know how vain she is." Gertrude said taking all the dishes into the kitchen.

"Actually no. How vain is she?" Thomas asked. He didn't believe a word Gertrude said, but he wanted to know what she was talking about.

"When she went to prom she starved herself for over a week just to fit into this tiny little dress. It went just below her butt, and was tighter than saran wrap. She looked sickly. I begged her to start eating and we ended up making a deal. She would start eating again after prom. And she did; for about a month. Then she started throwing up the food she had eaten. I didn't know what to do. I just hope she's grown out of it." Gertrude looked into the living room and saw Bill shaking his head, "Thomas, why don't you go on upstairs and talk to Dot." He gladly agreed and went on up stairs.

"Dot?" Thomas called. She peeked her sad face out of the doorway to their room, "Are you alright?" He asked. She nodded and looked up from her laptop.

"Yeah, why?" She asked. Thomas sat next to her and sighed.

"Because your mother said you were probably throwing up because of your weight problem." He said calmly.

"Excuse me?" She asked, "Weight problem?" He nodded.

"Oh, yeah, your mom told me all about heo when you were in highschool you stopped eating so you could fit into this slutty little number. I heard it barely covered your butt." He said looking over at her. She was frowning.

"And lemme guess, she made me promise to eat again and I did but I bet it didn't last very long, right?" Thomas nodded, "Did she tell you about the baby?" She asked. He nodded.

"I would love to know how you, a 16 year old virgin, came about as pregnant." She chuckled and shoved his shoulder.

"That one was a rumor that reached my parents. But you know, I go 6 months without showing a hint of pregnancy and yet they believed they have a grandchild out there somewhere." She shook her head.

"Bill doesn't seem too unreasonable." Thomas shrugged.

"I like to think all his crazy was removed with his leg." Dot chuckled quietly, "He really is better than when I was little. He used to go around and literally not let boys near me. I was homeschooled for the first 5 years of my school life." Thomas nodded.

"I was homeschooled off and on for my filming schedules as a kid." Thomas said smiling.

"Yeah, but I had little to no education for those 5 years. My mom always said I was 'Learning how to be a good wife'. I mean really? How 1950's can you get?" Thomas laughed and shook his head.

"Is that to say you don't want to be anyone's wife?" He asked seriously. Dot shrugged.

"I guess it depends on the person, I mean definitely not to those actor types. I mean they are the absolute worst." She said sarcasm practically dripping off her words.

"Then I should return this ring then?" He asked. She laughed until she realized he was actually fishing something out of his pocket. He pulled out a diamond ring and smiled, "Here, you keep it." He said putting it in her hand, "Save it for your husband." He chuckled.

"But really, aren't you going to put it on me?" She laughed. 

"Oh, so you're saying you do go for those actor types?" He asked sliding the ring on her left hand. Her happiness was indescribable.

"Is this why you really brought me here?" She asked, "To propose to me in a super chill way in a hot pink bedroom?" She put her head on his shoulder.

"Just as you always dreamed, right?" She smiled.

"Oh yeah." He sighed and looked down at her.

"Actually I made you come here because I wanted to ask your parents but after I saw your batshit crazy mother I decided to ask Bill. He said he would be thrilled to give us his blessing. Gertrude however was not so pleased. I assumed that's why she told me those horrible stories about you that weren't true." Dot smiled, "If you want we can only invite your dad." He said chuckling.

"We can only hope that she either gets over herself, or dies before the big day ever comes." Dot sighed and looked at her newly adorned hand.

So this is the end. I really hope this ending was more satisfying than the other one. I may or may not write an epilogue. Sequel is unlikely but I'll let you in on a little secret.

The oneshot titled Brodie was originally planned to be about Thomas and Dot's daughter. So there's your sequel lol

Please comment and vote and let me know what you guys thought. Thank you so much for all the votes and comments that were given to this story. I really am thankful.