Busted

"What's this?" She read the title page, "Time is a Fantastic Thing to Control: Book Three." She said, "Too Good to be True." She laughed, "What is this?" she said again with giggles behind her words.

"I....It's...." Dot stuttered. Amber's happy face suddenly turned to shock.

"You?" She started, "You're not." She stopped, "Are you?" Dot nodded slowly.

"That's why I always got the next book for you for your birthday! I always got two free copies, and I just knew you'd freak out if you knew, and you can be a bit of a blabber mouth, and when I got to be published you were in America looking for a job, and so, then when you came back raving about my books I started to realize you had no clue, and I couldn't tell you cause it was too late!" Dot said. Amber stood there in shock, and stared at Dot without blinking, "You don't hate me, do you?" She asked. Amber shook her head.

"No, a bit angry that my best friend didn't tell me about the fact that she was my all time favorite writer, and that I couldn't believe that someone, who was as widely known as you, wasn't just telling the whole world who you were!" Amber said progressivly getting louder. It wasn't really angry shouting, it was more like loud talking.

"Well, I didn't want to be famous! I wanted my writing to be famous!" Dot said, "And it got to the point I had to get a job so it didn't look like I was just a bum with loads of money!" Dot said.

"So, you got a job, but what did you do with the money you earned!?" She asked. Dot shrugged, and looked at Amber.

"I always donated it anonymously." She chuckled, "And I had seven charities!" She leaned back on her bed, "One for every day of the week!" She laughed.

"So," Amber said, "I can't wrap my mind around the fact that you're one of the most famous writers ever!" She said laughing, "My best friend since we were preteens!" She gasped, "How long have you been writing these books?!" She asked.

"Well," Dot started, "I started them when I was about 16. but I never really tried, and on my birthday about 4 years ago, I was cleaning out my closet, like I do every four years, and I came across a box labeled DO NOT THROW AWAY in big bold letters, and so, I opened the box, and found all kinds of things! I found concept art I had drawn, and notebooks full of this story idea! But little to none of the actual story was written!" Dot said, "So, I studied up on these notebooks full of facts about the characters, and their lives, and their deaths, and their little quirks. And I got hooked!" Dot said, "I was instantly sucked into writing about these characters! And making their stories come alive! And I have more concept art, and more backgrounds, and all those dry erase boards, and chalk boards I write all my little thoughts about the story! I spend more money on sticky notes than anyone on the planet should be allowed to!" Dot laughed. Amber looked at her.

"I don't believe you!" She said, "I saw the boards, but what about everything else you just talked about?" Dot sat up, "I see maybe three sticky notes, and I see maybe two notebooks, and not much else!" Amber said looking around. Dot sighed.

"Come with me to my primary thinking room?" Dot asked, "It's just up these stairs." She said gesturing to the spiral staircase that had been in the corner of the room since she moved in. The only difference was that there was a door at the top of the stairs that was painted so it was difficult to see. Only now did Amber see it. She gasped. She took Dot's hand, and they went up the stairs. Once they got up the stairs Amber swallowed hard.

"Are you sure you want to show me this?" She asked. Dot smiled.

"Of course!" Dot said, "You have to believe me!" She said. Dot opened the door, and all Amber saw were boxes.

"Boxes...." She said, "All I see are boxes." Dot laughed. She ran to one side of the wall, and grabbed thin air, and pulled the apparent curtain back.

"Ta duh!" Dot said waving her hands. Amber saw the concept art. The entire left wall was covered in multicolored sticky squares, and words covering all of them. In the far right corner she saw a mannequin that wore a fluffy pink that went to a bit below the knee with about four layers under it. Each layer was a different color, or pattern, none of them matched any of the other colors. And to top it all off it had a lepord print short sleeved sweater. Amber suddenly reconized it as-

"IS THAT AMILEEN'S AUNT'S DRESS!?" She asked running over to it. Dot nodded.

"I made it when I was having no ideas in the middle of the second book!" She said sighing, "And I have to either rewrite the third book, or I have to go to this meet and greet! I have no idea what to do!" She said sitting in the white desk chair.

"And all this?" Amber asked looking at the pictures handing by clothes pins on a long chord.

"Well, they're all concept art, and some you can't look at yet!" She said sheilding the chord.

"Is that Amileen holding a smoking gun, and Harvey on the ground!?" Amber asked shoving Dot out of the way, and getting closer, "IS THAT BLOOD!?" She asked. Dot sighed.

"Not his blood!" She said trying to cover up what had happened.

"You killed off Harvey!?" Amber yelled. Dot shook her head.

"NO! I was thinking about it, and Hal said I couldn't do that or i would get found out, or I had to go meet someone!" She said. Amber narrowed her eyes.

"I'm going with you, what day is it?" She asked. Dot looked at her.

"Saturday, seven to four." Dot said picking up a few things. Amber groaned.

"BUT THE MAZE RUNNERS, AND JAMES DASHNER ARE GONNA BE WALKING DOWN THE STREET ON SATURDAY!" She stopped suddenly, "Are..." She stopped, "You're going to meet them, aren't you!" She asked. Dot shrugged.

"I guess you'll have to come with me to find out!" Dot said walking toward the door. Amber quickly agreed, and watched as Dot locked the door, and started going down the spiral staircase.

"Wait! Today is Friday!" She said, "I've gotta get home to see what I'm going to wear!" She said running by, "SEE YOU TOMORROW!" Dot heard the door slam shut as she sat down on her bed. Dot leaned back til she hit the pillow.

"Gosh, she is such a mess." She smiled, and fell asleep.

(())

Hey guys! Please vote, and comment!