Love you too

I couldn't help myself. My limbs forced me into action even though inside I couldn't move.
His hand was going cold. It felt right being in my hand. Although I didn't know how much longer it would stay there.
"Dominic it'll be alright. Just hold on Kai will help get you up here" I pull my eyes away from his beautiful blue ones to look for Kai. He lays over Alena's weak, helpless body. My best friend unconscious.
I focused back on Dominic. His eyes, oh his eyes. They lock on mine, all glossy like mine.

"Kirsten, my pearl, I'm not going to make it" He says with pain, both kinds.

"Don't say that Dom. We won!" I suck in "We are going home Dom."

"No! You have to go. I'm not going to make it" He breathes in unsteadily.
"Let me go. You have to be the hero. You have to be" He winces "My hero"

I can't contain how I feel inside. The inner animal comes out and I ball "Dominic stop you are my hero you have to come with me. I can't let go"

Our hands, covered in tears, are sweaty and slippery. "Kirsten I love you so much I promise I'll find you someday. Now on the count of three we need to let go"
"No!" I hear Kai crying in the background. Good encouragement bro.
I suck in my tears and woman up. "Okay"

"Okay" Dom says.

In unison we say a heart breaking "One... Two..." and before we could finish he pulls up enough to kiss me and the says "love you".

Just like that, Dominic falls into darkness. I never said goodbye. I thought goodbye meant forgetting because Peter Pan taught me that. But now I regret not saying it. The last word I said was 'two'. How romantic.

Before I turn away I whisper into the void "Love you too" then turn and run to Alena.