Chapter Sixteen-Part One

The Next Morning

/

The morning dawned brightly and both Obi-Wan and Anakin were up early. Anakin was preparing their breakfast while Obi-Wan was meditating in the living area.

He had just set the food on the table when Obi-Wan rose and stretched and moved into the kitchen. He looked at the spread and was impressed; blumfruit muffins, scrambled rikknit eggs, muja muffins and bribb juice.

"This is quite a feast you've prepared, Padawan," he remarked as both men sat down to eat.

Anakin smiled. One of the only things he'd enjoyed as a child on Tatooine was learning to cook. "Well, since you're first match of the tournament is only an hour away; I figured you could use a good breakfast."

Obi-Wan snickered as he began eating.

"Think you can win?" Anakin asked after a few moments.

Obi-Wan swallowed the last bit of food and sipped the last of his drink before he answered.

"I really don't know," he said honestly. "There are quite a few excellent swordsmen and women I'll have to beat."

The door chime sounded then and Anakin stood. He palmed the door open and smiled when he saw Siri.

He bowed respectfully. "Good morning, Master Tachi."

Siri scowled. "What have I told you in the past?"

Anakin laughed. "Good morning, Siri."

"That's better," she said, laughing.

"Stop torturing my apprentice," Obi-Wan called from the breakfast table. "Would you like something to eat?"

Siri shook her head as she entered their quarters. Anakin watched the door slide shut before he followed Siri into the kitchen. She sat while he began cleaning up their dishes.

"So, think you're gonna win, Kenobi?" Siri asked after a few moments.

Obi-Wan laughed. "I'm certain I'll advance further than you."

Anakin snickered behind them. "That sounds like a challenge. I'd wager..."

Obi-Wan and Siri spoke together. "No, you won't."

Siri stood. "Well, I came to see if you would like to walk to the arena with me."

"Of course," Obi-Wan acknowledged as he stood. "Anakin?"

Anakin turned. "Actually, I'm meeting Tru and Darra. Their masters are competing as well."

Obi-Wan nodded.

"But thanks for the offer," Anakin replied, a teasing glint in his eyes as he faced Siri. He again bowed, and when he looked up, he smiled. "Lady Kenobi."

Siri's eyes widened, her gaze quickly shifting from Anakin to her husband. "You told him?"

Obi-Wan blushed, and then shrugged. "Yes, I did. He deserved the truth."

Siri smiled and turned back to Anakin. "Well, then, I guess that makes us...brother and sister-in-law."

Anakin laughed as she hugged him. "I guess so. I'm okay with that if you are."

She nodded. "I am."

Anakin excused himself then, leaving his and Obi-Wan's quarters to meet up with his friends.

"So, he knows that I'm your wife," Siri commented easily as Obi-Wan gathered up his cloak and his lightsaber. "Does he know that Zakk is our son? Have they met?"