CHAPTER 3 - PERIL'S HOME FOR REFUGE

PERIL'S POV

As soon as Peril logged off Sunny's 9 pm chat she went to her cupboard and yanked out Starflight's sleeping bag. She had sleeping bags for herself, Starflight, Deathbringer and a spare for 'just in case'. Also, since Starflight and Deathbringer had to hide out with her so much, she also had a bunch of their clothes and things they had brought over just in case.

Peril sighed and went over to the door, unlocked it and stepped out. Sure enough, Starflight's skinny figure was running towards her. She noted he was without a bag.

"So, Fierceteeth wouldn't let you get your stuff, huh?" she said, stepping aside to let him in, just not before checking the coast was clear first. She never knew when Scarlet might be watching.

Starflight shook his head miserably as he crept in the door. "She said she was bringing her friends over and I'd just annoy them. So she gave me a choice. Either I could leave the house for the night or - "

"Or get locked in a cupboard with a gag around your mouth," Peril finished. I have heard that line before, you know, Starflight.

Peril opened her bedroom door and Starflight hurried in. She quickly shut it behind, as softly as possible, then firmly locked it. She jerked her head towards the sleeping bag and clothes she prepared for him. "Sleep there. Bathroom's there for you to change. Clothes beside the sleeping bag. Goodnight."

Without another word Peril scrambled back into bed. She was about to doze off when her phone beeped.

"Aaaarghhh!" Peril snapped, jumping up as it beeped again.

And again. And again. And again.

Starflight, who was lying in the sleeping bag by now, sat up sleepily. "What's that noise?" he asked.

Beep!

Beep!

Beep!

Beep!

"Someone spamming me," Peril growled. Beep! Beep! Beep! She turned her phone one and to her irritation, saw Deathbringer's icon flashing. What NOW?!

Deathbringer: Can I join the sleepover?