CHAPTER 4 - STRANGENESS AT SCHOOL

GLORY'S POV

Glory yawned as she typed back to Deathbringer. It was early in the morning, but she was wide awake. As usual. Silver swished her tail silver tabby tail back and forth, blinking up at Glory with wide amber eyes as she answered Deathbringer's message.

Glory: I'm okay thanks. Wbu?

Deathbringer: I'm fine. I'm at school early. Wanna come? I'm bored.

She kind of wished she could, but decided against it. It was too early to go to school just to tolerate more of his idiotic flirting.

Glory: No sorry I can't.

Deathbringer: Awww I wish you could.

Deathbringer: What are you doing right now?

Glory: With my cat Silver. And Kink's borrowed my laptop to do some research for her school project since her iPad is broken.

Deathbringer: Yikes I'll get her a new one soon. It was my fault for annoying you last night.

Glory: You'd better and it was!

But Glory's mouth dropped open as she saw the next message. Deathbringer had typed, 'Hey baby guess what I love ya from your beloved Deathyboo' with loads of creepy heart emojis.

What a random and insane text. Just when she'd thought she was finally having a normal conversation with him.

"What is it?" Kinkajou asked curiously, looking u0 from the computer as she searched up words, frantically typing on the other. "And what does substitution with letters mean?"

"I thought you were doing Science," Glory snapped, feeling irritated thanks to the text.

"I am," Kinkajou answered. "But I still don't understand Maths. Anyway. Why do you look so mad?"

Glory showed her the text. Kinkajou stared at it wordlessly for a moment. "Um...that's weird. Even for Deathbringer. Sorry, but it's just....weird."

"I know," Glory snapped. "What an idiot." She typed a snappy reply, wondering who in their right frame of mind would send such a message to her.

Glory: What the hell?

Suddenly Kinkajou's computer beeped and she leaned over and checked it (she had been researching on Glory's and typing on hers).

"Oh my God!" Kinkajou yelped.

"What?"

"He just sent me the exact same message!"

"What?!"

Glory went over to check and it was there, exactly the same, freaky Deathyboo bit and everything.

UMMMMM. WEIRD. WHAT DO YOU MEAN? (AND SINCE WHEN WERE YOU DEATHYBOO????), Kinkajou typed back, frowning. Her currently pale pink and yellow hair was tense like her body.

Glory's phone beeped again and she checked it. Two messages, one from Tsunami and one from Sunny.

Tsunami: Your boyfriend has flipped! He sent me a message saying he loves me and signed it 'ur beloved Deathyboo'!!!!!

Sunny: Deathbringer just sent a message that said 'Hey baby guess what I love ya from your beloved Deathyboo'. Was he supposed to send that to you? Even if he was, that's weird.