Chapter 2:No Quarter

A man runs through the woods wearing an orange jumpsuit and hides behind a tree for coverage from the thing chasing him. "I admit, I do like a good chase. However..." A voice sounded behind the man before Kol whooshed in front of him. "I am quite famished, so..." Kol bite into the guy's neck slowly draining him of blood.

"Good Lord, that one has some lungs on him. He should've been an opera singer. Might've ended better for him, actually." Rebekah spoke looking toward the forest where screaming could be heard from Kol's victim.

"Is this absolutely necessary?" Freya complains approaching her siblings as she references the dozen corpses dressed in orange jumpsuits along with the two guards.

"That depends. Do you want us at our full strength, or do you plan on rescuing Nik on your own?" Rebekah asks with a single line of blood on her lip.

"Well, death rattles are distracting, and I'm trying to break a cloaking spell," Freya explains.

"Kol, would you please?!" Elijah shouted leading to a crunching sound and the screaming stopped. "Thank you," Elijah says calmly whipping the blood from his mouth with a handkerchief. "You were saying?"

"I can sense Klaus is still in New Orleans." Freya continues. "Most likely somewhere underground. I can't get a read on exactly where, unless I'm in the city itself." As she speaks Kol comes in from the forest lines of blood running from his mouth seeping down to his shirt and Hayley walks over from the truck.

"Yeah. That's gonna be a problem... I have contacts in New Orleans. As you can imagine, the place is crawling with vampires, all of whom hate all of us. Whatever we do, we need to do it fast." Hayley informs the lot.

"Well, I wasn't planning on a pub crawl. I don't want to stay any longer than we have to. But we need to go." Freya instructs the Mikaelsons.

"Whoa. Wait-Wait, we're not doing this today...?" Kol questions confused.

"Hasn't Nik suffered enough?" Rebekah argues.

"Yes. And I've died. Twice. I'm not about to give Marcel a shot at a third, especially before I even get the chance to meet my daughter who I have yet to hear anything about." Kol says turning his attention to Hayley.

Hayley sighs before speaking. "Let's finish the Klaus talk before we get into the Joshlynn one please."

"Fine well, I say, we draw that Muppet out of town. And when he's gone..." Kol speaks only for Hayley to cut in.

"I have been away from the girls long enough," Hayley says not willing to argue between the options.

"You've been away from her long!?" Kol exclaims in anger.

"Enough," Elijah says cutting through the tension as he stood up from the ground. "We're all in danger. We free Niklaus today. Even if I have to burn that city to the ground." Elijah walks off and Hayley and the other Mikaelsons follow after except for Kol.

"Hayley," Kol spoke stopping Hayley and the others from walking away. "Will you please tell me about her?"

"Well," Hayley said with a smile as she reached for her phone in her back pocket. "She's definitely your and Davina's daughter," Hayley spoke as she scrolled through her phone pulling up a picture.

"What do you mean?" Kol questioned confused as the rest of the group listened in or looked over as Hayley turned her photo toward Kol.

The photo was one taken a few weeks ago when Joshlynn had climbed a tree outside their house. She was only a few feet off the ground as the little girl wore a huge smile. Her long brown hair was tied up in a high ponytail and she was wearing what she called her fun shoes which were really just a pair of hiking boots. Hayley had leaned they lasted longer than normal tennis shoes, those never lasted more than a month from what she put them through. In reality, Joshlynn had fallen out of the tree a few minutes later which was why she had a scrape on her left knee. Then again at the house right now Mary was trying to talk the small girl out of it, though she'd probably refuse until she fell again.