🖤 Two 🖤

Hours later, I walked up my street, a pink and orange sunset in the sky. The moving truck was still next door.

I walked up to my front door when I heard someone shout at me.

"Hey! You must be my neighbor!".

I turned around, seeing a man with black hair and green eyes framed with eyeliner at the house next door.

I panicked, my social anxiety getting the best of me, and I went inside and slammed the door.

"Courtney! Get in here and eat your goddamn dinner!" My dad shouted at me from the kitchen.

"Okay, I'm coming!" I called. I took off my shoes, put my purse upstairs, and went to the kitchen.

"Where the hell have you been?" My mom asked me, her hands on her hips.

"I was just out, I dunno, you wanted me gone." I mumbled.

"Are you hooking up with random guys and making money?".

"Oh my god, mom, I'm not a prostitute!".

"You're a fucking slut, that's what you are!".

I grabbed my bowl of chili and made my way to my room. My own mother called me a slut. It used to hurt, but she'd done it before so it didn't really hurt anymore.

I took a bite of my chili, and glanced up at my Green Day poster. The guy next door looked a bit like Billie Joe Armstrong. No, he looked just like Billie Joe Armstrong. But it couldn't be him, no way.

I set down my half- finished chili, not feeling very hungry.  I picked up my bass and played Longview, my favorite bassline ever. I remembered the first time I ever heard it, how it inspired me to pick up a bass.

All of a sudden I freaked out, remembering that my window looked right into the bedroom of the house next door.

I set my bass down and looked into the bedroom of the house next door. No one was there, but I didn't bother shutting my curtains. I was at the point where I literally didn't care if someone were to see me naked.

                                 ***

Billie's p.o.v

I went into my room to get dressed after a lazy morning. As I opened the door, I could hear music that seemed to be coming from the house next door.

When I went to the window, I saw the girl next door playing bass, Longview cranked.

I couldn't help but smile as I watched her, playing along to my music, her long dark purple hair swinging violently as she headbanged.

I noticed a few posters in her room; among them was a Green Day poster. My old band.

She looked up and stopped playing, looking terrified that I was watching her.

I opened my window and she came over to hers.

"Hi." I said. "You have a great taste in music.".

She smiled, blushing. "Oh, uh, thanks." she said, tucking her hair behind her ears.

"My name's Billie, Billie Joe. You probably already knew that, though, I'm on your wall.".

She laughed. "Yeah. My name's Courtney. I'm 16.".

I raised my eyebrows. "You're only 16?". She nodded. "Oh, I thought you were, like, 20.".

"No.".

"Oh, okay. Uh, so, I see you play bass. If you want, you could come over and jam sometime, if you're okay with that, and if your parents are okay-".

"My parents don't fucking care what I do!". Courtney put her hands over her mouth, looking away from me. "Oh, sorry." she said. "I swear too much.".

I laughed. "No, it's okay. I swear too much, too. But life's short, who the fuck cares!?".

Courtney smiled and laughed. "Yeah. Well, I'll see you later, Billie.".

"Okay. Want to come over tomorrow?".

"Sure.".

"Okay, see you then.".

I closed my curtains and got out of my pyjamas. All day, I thought about the way she was playing Longview. I could already tell I was going to like her.

But she was only 16, so I had to suppress any feelings I had for her.