🖤 Three 🖤

Courtney's p.o.v

I went up to Billie's door, carrying my bass with me. I was wearing a Green Day shirt. I wanted to impress him.

I rang the doorbell and he opened the door, smiling.

"Hi Courtney. Come in." he told me.

I walked in, kind of scared. His house was not like I expected it to be; it was more spacious. I had never been in it when my old neighbors lived there, so it was my first time in the house.

Billie smelled like cigarettes, and it made him more attractive. "Do you want something to drink?" he asked me.

"Oh, uh, just water, thanks." I replied, setting my bass down on the hardwood floor.

"Sure.".

He went into the kitchen, and I stood, paralyzed at the fact I was in his house.

He came back and handed me a glass of water with ice cubes in it.

"Thanks." I said.

"No problem." he smiled. There was something about his smile that made me feel kind of strange inside. "So, other than Green Day, what other music do you like?".

"Uh, I like The Clash, Nirvana, Rancid, The Misfits. Stuff like that." I replied.

Billie smiled. "Oh, cool! Me too.".

We just talked about music for a few minutes, then he led me down to his studio in the basement. It was a big room, filled with guitars and posters were all over the walls.

I took my bass out of its case, beginning to panic because I was going to jam with Billie Joe Armstrong. He was a good guitarist, and I was a decent bassist, at the very best.

"What do you want to play first?" he asked.

I froze for a second. I thought it would be really rad to play Longview with him, but I realized that it might be too painful for him. The bus crash that killed Mike Dirnt only happened eight years earlier.

"Would it be okay… if we played Longview?" I asked. "I mean, if you don't want to, I get it. We don't have to.".

"No," Billie sighed. "It's alright. Let's do it.".

He plugged in his guitar and I started playing the bassline to Longview.  He sang, too.

When we finished, Billie had tears in his eyes. Maybe I shouldn't've asked him if we could play it. Maybe it was still too painful.

"Courtney," he said. "That was fucking amazing. I… I haven't played that song since the very last Green Day concert. Hearing you play it was amazing. Holy shit, you're good.".

I smiled, also beginning to cry. "Don't make me cry, Billie." I replied, kind of laughing. "Thanks. But I'm not that good, am I?".

"Yes, you are! You're like… you're like… Mike Dirnt 2.0.".

Hearing that made me ecstatic. The rest of our jam session, I ran off of pure energy. I could tell by the way Billie sang that playing Longview had triggered some emotions in him, but it made it even better.

I spent a few hours at his house. He told me I could stay for dinner, but I knew I had to go back home.

Billie's p.o.v

I said goodbye to Courtney, telling her she could come by anytime she wanted. She was interesting, and I was already drawn to her in a way that I shouldn’t‘ve been.

I sat down on the couch, thinking that if I wasn't overwhelmed with sadness right then, I'd probably be horny and jerk off. Courtney was gorgeous. Her long purple hair, grey eyes, perfect lips. And her body was pretty nice, too. Her boobs were big, and-

"Oh my god, snap out of it!" I shouted at myself. 

I started to cry, thinking about the very last Green Day concert. It was in 2004, about two months after we released American Idiot, which was a huge hit. We were on our way to the top, but then we lost Mike.

Me and Tre didn't even think about replacing him; we knew no one ever could. So we decided to call it quits. Neither of us wanted to do it, but we knew it was the best option.