{4} No Choice

~~~

     The sun warmed the grasslands of the Goiky plains that seemed to stretch for miles and miles. Flowers bloomed, and trees swung gently in the early summertime breeze. The baby blue sky gave a warm smile onto the land below, encouraging you to live your life to its fullest and to appreciate your happy days. Blocky stepped out onto the grass, taking a leisurely stroll in the bright, sunny morning.

     Blocky approached the hill with Cloudy's collection. On a small table, blueberries were neatly sitting, looking plump and juicy. They called his name. They were begging to be eaten, almost.

     Hunger gnawed at Blocky, and took a couple of steps forward. Eyeing the berries, he took into account of how they could very well explode if he were to handle them wrong. But he didn't care- it was a great opportunity and he was sure he would be careful.

     Blocky reached out his hand.

     It phased right through the blueberries.

     What the..?

     As Blocky tried and failed to grab the blueberries - which were clipping right through his fingers - he felt hunger and despair eat away at him. 

     His desperation quickly turned to panic as the world around him began to shift. His vision went dark as the familiar places twisted into horrifying sights of voids, endless black, glitches, and one ugly color.

     A pale yellow color.

      Stunned, Blocky woke up with a jolt. He rubbed his eyes aggressively, as his vision returned to normal.

     He was still stuck in the weird rooms.

     Panic began to bubble up inside of him. As far as he knew, he was stuck. Stuck, trapped, in an unfamiliar world that made his head throb and his heart feel as if it were to explode.

     Blocky was no longer convinced he was dead.

     He stood up, his legs aching. His vision kept going blurry and his hands were trembling, but he shook himself.

     I've probably wasted all my time worrying when I could just walk out.

     The past few.. hours? were spent by Blocky constantly panicking, having hallucinations, and trying to convince himself he was asleep and dreaming. It felt like forever, but Blocky knew it was only a handful of hours, or maybe a day. Being trapped in a room, staying still in one place, and constantly feeling like you're being watched can do a mind bad.

     Speaking of being watched, Blocky could not shake the feeling that something was there with him.

     Something he saw out of the corner of his eye not too long ago.

     Blocky shook himself once more.

     This'll be a breeze. The exit's probably right there.

     Summoning up what courage he had left, Blocky strut forward many steps, exiting the room he was in and then some.

     And all he saw was more walls.

     Blocky began to pick up his pace. He turned corners and avoided long hallways - while casting glances behind himself way too often.

     As time went on, he began having mixed feelings. Some of panic, that made his adrenaline spike up and his heart beat faster, and some of just plain old numbness. Numbness that made him feel like he was dreaming or dead, numbness that made him navigate the place subconsciously.

     Ah, heck. Whatever I did to get here, I'm sure I deserved it. Some labyrinth this is.

     Blocky curled his fingers into his palms, forming his hand into a fist. He was getting desperate- the panic and hopelessness he started to feel clouded his vision and made him light headed. Now he could feel anger bubbling up inside of him. Hot, seething anger that overcame his other emotions. He slammed himself against the wall.

     "Just break, dammit!" Blocky shouted at the wall. He slammed his fists against the tacky wallpaper, hoping that if he could break down the walls maybe he could find a way out.

     The wall didn't budge. It didn't even break.

     Blocky groaned in anger. He slumped down onto his knees.

     I'm going to die here. I'm going to starve here, without ever seeing the light of day. I'm really, really going to die here.

     Furious, Blocky banged his fist on the floor, creating loud thumping sounds as his hands hit the carpet.

     Thump.

     Thump.

     Pit-pit-pat.

     Thump.

     Blocky looked around, confused, surprised, and a bit paranoid.

     What the HECK made that noise?

     Pit-pit-pat.

     Blocky stood up, and whirled around. He saw nothing.

     Yet the noise grew louder.

     Maybe he couldn't see it right now.

     But he sure would soon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

woah long chapter moment :0

i'll try to update more and in a steadier schedule but :shrug:

anyways big suspense?? maybe??