9. A Moment of Serenity

"Annie!" Confusion washed over you, taken aback by her unexpectedly dour demeanor "What are you talking about?"

"Whatever you did... You can't join the MP without a top ten spot." You tentatively moved towards a her, but to your surprise her eyes remained locked downward "You're going to join the Scouts... When would we even see each other... If you don't yourself fucking killed first?"

"First, I'm not going to die, we've talked about this." After another cautious step forward you gently took her hands "Second, I'll find the time or make it. Literally every chance I get until this Titan mess is over, after that I'll just hang it up and we can run off, disappear from all this and just live."

"This isn't a fairly tale Y/N... There isn't always a happy ending."

"I never said it was, I know it'll be hard.... But it'll be worth it." At those words, she slowly lifted her eyes to meet yours "I will do whatever it takes to make sure this doesn't have to end, that we get a life together."

She let out a frustrated sigh before submitting, slumping into your arms "If confidence was all it took, I wouldn't have a single doubt. For now, I guess I have to take what I can get."

"Well that works, cause you get me for a whole day, uninterrupted. I may or may not have already put together a plan."

"A plan?" She pulled back, looking up at you inquisitively "What are you talking about?"

"You'll know soon, but for now we should probably get some sleep." Her face squinted up a bit as you pecked her on the tip of the nose "It's been a long day, we both could use the rest."

"You said uninterrupted... That didn't hold up long."

"Excuse me, no. You're gonna have to share your bed, sorry about it." Her eyes lit up before a weak smile formed on her face "I've seen how much you like to kick in your sleep, but I'll deal with it."

You both started off towards the barracks, the lighter mood capped off as you felt her weaving her fingers into yours as you walked. After a short walk you both changed into your nightwear as the sight of her gave you pause, watching as she let her hair down, the moonlight washing over her and a twinkle glinting in her eyes.

"I don't know how in the world she'd think I would let anything come between us. She really doesn't get it, how much she really means." Each blonde strand seemed to fall like waves, crashing down on her shoulders with a light bounce "The most beautiful, most genuine person I've ever met... You're not getting rid of me that easy."

"Annie, I need you to know... You-You are just simply breathtaking." She barely had time to roll her eyes before you scooped her up, cradling her in your arms before continuing "Honestly, just... Wow. It seems like you find a new way everyday to get more and more beautiful."

"You're delusional... I am not." Her eyes locked with yours as her face quickly became a bright red "You're just being nice to me cause you know I'm mad."

"Nuh uh, I'm just telling you the truth." You carefully laid her down, sliding under the covers beside her without breaking your gaze "I just wanted to make sure you knew how incredible I think you are. Literally, the best person... Thank you for giving me the chance to be a part of your life."

"I love you Y/N... Thank you..." She slowly draped her arm over you, bringing her face next to yours "I doubt I will, but I hope one day I see myself how you do."

"I won't stop..." You slowly moved closer, kissing her softly "... until you do. I can promise you that."

A devilish grin came over her as she kissed you back while her hand began to glide across your chest, your heart rate accelerating wildly with every touch. Your lips continued to dance against hers, as the feeling of her hands suddenly wandering their way across your back caused a tingle to run down your spine.