(5) 𝐛𝐚𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐬 ✓

☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎

ALEC KNOCKS SOFTLY ON THE DOOR OF ADELAIDE'S BEDROOM. He had come over to Magnus' to thank them and Magnus had told him that Adelaide was in her room. He opens the door after he gets no reply and peeks his head in, seeing the girl laying on her bed facing away from him. Adelaide grumbles as she hears the door open, looking over her shoulder to see Alec.

"Did I wake you?" Alec asks in a low voice as he watched the girl turn her body to face him. She shakes her head but rubs her eyes as a yawn escapes her mouth.

"What's up?" Adelaide questions as she sits up a little bit, pulling the sheets with her as she wraps it around her body. Alec fiddles with his fingers as he stands near the edge of the bed.

"I never got to thank you." Alec admits as he looks at her and he sees the slight confusion form in her eyes. "I know Jace pulled me out of it but you and Magnus.. I felt you there. You kept me here." He explains to her and Adelaide smiles lightly but she shakes her head.

"Alec, you don't have to thank me for that." She denies as she didn't need anything for saving his life. She did that on her own because she didn't want to lose him.

"Well, I wanted to." Alec responds as he sees her remove the bed sheets from her body.

"Have you gone to see Jace?" She asks as she stands up from the bed, moving over to Alec. His eyes move down her outfit, she was in a pale pink nightie that had spaghetti straps and stopped just before the middle of her thigh.

"Yeah, he should be out in no time." Alec answers her as he moves his eyes back to hers.

"Let's hope." Adelaide replies with a sigh as she runs a hand through her hair. They didn't know what was going to happen in the City of Bones, Adelaide just hoped they let Jace go.

"Aldertree never caught you right?" Alec asks as he didn't need her getting a lecture from the clave. Adelaide shakes her head as she rubs her hands together. She clears her throat, feeling his intense stare on her.

"I'm sorry. I've never.." Adelaide trails off as she gestures between them. "Like done this before." She admits, even if it wasn't the full truth. Adelaide knew Alec would treat her right which is why she felt like she could say this was her first relationship.

"Relationships are new to me too, don't worry." Alec replies as he reaches over to grab her hand, connecting their fingers. Adelaide presses her lips together, smiling lightly.