(11) 𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠 ✓

☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎

ADELAIDE WAS SITTING BY HERSELF IN A PARK AFTER WHAT HAPPENED WITH ALEC. She couldn't bare being around Jace after what she did with him. She couldn't believe herself. She couldn't believe that she hurt Alec so badly. Adelaide saw the utter betrayal on his face and it broke her heart. Knowing that she caused it. She knew he was right. All of his words were true. She didn't deserve to have him or to have anyone. Which is what made her make up her mind to do what she was about to do.

Adelaide fiddled with her fingers on the bench, tear stains on her cheeks. She sniffles as she shakes her head. "I know you're listening." Adelaide starts as she wipes away her tears. "Everyone's right. I'm a monster." She states, her voice wavering lightly at the words. She squeezes her eyes shut for a moment. "But I-i don't want to feel like one." She admits as she shakes her head, looking back up. "I just want everyone to realize that i am a Shadowhunter just like them." Adelaide states as she knew a lot of people didn't see her as a real shadowhunter anymore. Not when they found out about her being a downworlder.

"But you are so much more, Adelaide." A voice pipes up and Adelaide snaps her head to the side to see a woman standing next to the bench. Adelaide stands up quickly, her eyes tearing up.

"Mom?" Adelaide asks, her voice cracking lightly as she lays eyes on the woman that she thought she would never see again. Marissa takes a few more steps towards her, smiling brightly.

"Sweetheart, you are everything a Shadowhunter wished they were." Marissa states, almost grimacing when she said shadowhunter. They were an excuse. "You have powers beyond anything imaginable." She adds as she feels Adelaide pull away lightly, shaking her head.

"But I don't want to hurt anyone." Adelaide states as she never wanted to make anyone feel pain if it wasn't necessary. Only the bad people like the circle.

"Honey, you don't have to." Marissa states as she shakes her head. "You don't have to feel bad for the things you need to do to survive." She explains to the girl who was slightly confused on what she was talking about.

"What do you mean?" Adelaide asks as she steps closer to her mother who smiles.

"I can help you not feel. To focus on bringing your power past your limits." She states and Adelaide's eyes widen a little bit. She didn't even know that was possible. But her mother was powerful.

"How?" Adelaide asks, sniffling as her eyebrows furrowed lightly. Marissa reached into her bag and pulled out a bottle with a blue liquid inside.