(28) 𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐲 𝐟𝐚𝐜𝐞

☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎

WALKING INTO THE OFFICE, they see shards of glass scattered on the ground. There was no sign of either Clary or Jace though as the room appeared empty. Isabelle walks over, picking up a piece of the glass and staring into it. "What are these things?" Alec asks as he and Adelaide move towards the girl. Isabelle furrows her eyebrows as she continues to stare at the shard.

"They look like portal shards." Isabelle states as through the glass you could see a beach and a lake, although there was not a person in sight.

"Portals don't usually leave these behind though." Adelaide points out as there must be a reason why these were scattered around. And who exactly opened the portal if there wasn't a warlock inside the institute except for her.

"So, Jace and Clary are at this beach?" Alec asks as he takes the shard from his sister in order to get a better look.

"Assuming they went together but none of this makes sense. How were they able to create a portal inside the institute?" Isabelle asks as she looks at the couple. Adelaide only stares at the glass, noticing something that apparently the others hadn't.

"Can I see that?" She asks and Alec nods as he hands her the shard.

"Clearly it wasn't a normal portal." Robert's voice cuts through the hair making them all turn to see him standing in the doorway.  "Whatever it was, there was something strange about this portal for the wards not to recognize it." He states as he moves towards them.

"That should explain these." Isabelle says as she takes the shard from Adelaide, giving it to her father her looks into the glass.

"This isn't a beach." Robert tells them as he looks through the shard, seeing what was on the other side.

"It's Lake Lyn." Adelaide states as she crosses her arms against her chest. She had seen the lake a lot when she was in Idris, it's not hard to miss.

"The Lake Lyn?" Alec asks with furrowed eyebrows. "How can you guys tell?" He questions as he looks at them.

"Because Jace requested a portal to Idris this morning, said he had some news on Valentine but the clave denied it and Adelaide has spent her fair share of time in Idris." Robert explains to them and Isabelle only sighs as she shakes her head.

"Seems like he went anyway." Isabelle mumbles as she runs a hand through her hair.

"We need to help him, you need to get that portal approved." Alec tells his father who sighs as he knew it wasn't that easy. The clave were against most things that they asked for.