(31) 𝐝𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐢 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮

☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎

ADELAIDE WALKS INTO THE MAIN ROOM OF THE INSTITUTE, her eyes searching for the man who had hurt her numerous times. But her eyes land on the three people that she had run away from earlier. A sigh leaves her lips as she makes her way over to them, Alec immediately noticing her. "Where's Nick?" She asks them as she stops in front of the group but Alec immediately just looks relieved.

"Oh, thank god." He mutters as he gazes down she woman. "Adelaide-" Alec starts but she only cuts him off.

"Where is he?" Adelaide questions as she couldn't seem to find him anywhere else. Isabelle furrows her eyebrows as she crosses her arms against her chest.

"He left, mom told him to leave, why?" She responds making Adelaide clench her jaw.

"I think he's working with Valentine." Adelaide answers her and their eyes immediately widen at the accusation even though it wouldnt be a long shot.

"What?" Jace asks, being confused for a moment. "How do you know?" He questions as there had to be proof or else the clave would never believe them.

"He used the same cuffs Jonathan did when he.." Adelaide trails off, closing her eyes for a moment. "Look I'm sure of it." She says as she looks at them. Alec immediately nods his head, putting his hand on her shoulder.

"Okay, I'll put out an alert on him." Alec assures her with a frown as he thought she might still be mad at him. "Adelaide I'm so-" Alec is cut off when Adelaide smashes her lips against his. Alec is in shock for a second, his eyes widen before he kisses her back. Jace and Isabelle share a smirk as Adelaide kisses him deeply, her arms wrapped around his neck. Alec moves his hands to her hips, rubbing the skin softly. It lasts for a few more seconds before she pulls away from him, Alecs lips being swollen. He just blinks, trying to process it. Alec clears his throat, furrowing his eyebrows as he glanced over to Jace and his sister who were just smirking at him. "Uh, not that I'm complaining but-" Alec starts to say as he meets Adelaide's eyes again but she just wraps her arms tightly around him, resting her head on his chest.

"Thank you for protecting me." Adelaide says as she grips onto his shirt. Alec hugs her back, relaxing a little bit as he presses a kiss to the top of her head. Adelaide glances to the side, meeting jaces gaze. "Both of you." She adds before she pulls back from Alec. Jace only nods his head, offering a comforting smile before Adelaide feels a hand on her cheek.

"He's lucky I was stopped." Alec admits as he strokes it, tilting his head. Adelaide once again hugs the man, closing her eyes for a moment. Alec smiles, resting his chin on the top of her head. "Come on, we'll go file the report." He tells her as he grabs a hold of her hand and walks her towards his office. Adelaide follows behind him quietly. He moves to his desk, letting her hand go as he turns his computer on. Adelaide just stops beside him, resting her chin on his arm. Alec looks at her, smiling with a roll of his eyes. He lifts her, setting her on the desk before resuming what he was doing.