(12) 𝐫𝐮𝐧, 𝐫𝐮𝐧, 𝐫𝐮𝐧 ✓

☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎

ADELAIDE KICKS HER LEGS UP IN THE AIR AS SHE GLANCES AROUND THE ROOM. She could see the many array of books and potions around meaning that Marissa had been studying a lot over the years. She furrows her eyebrows as she looks towards her mother who seemed to be concentrating.  "What are all these books?" Adelaide asks after a moment of silence. Marissa glances back at her, clearing her throat.

"Oh, just certain spells I have been looking up." Marissa answers nonchalantly before looking down at the page again. Adelaide nods her head as she fiddles with her fingers.

"Are one of these for our powers." She asks as she was guessing it's where she found the spell to combine their powers together.

"There's multiple ones in there to use for our powers, we just have to use the right one." Marissa explains to her as she flips the page, not really looking at Adelaide.

"Was one of them the one you were gonna use to harness my magic?" Adelaide asks curiously as she rolls over on the couch.

"Well, I didn't really need a spell for that." Marissa mumbles as she closes the book in front of her before turning to Adelaide. "I need you to get something from Magnus that doesn't belong to him." She asks and Adelaide only furrows her eyebrows as she sits up on the couch.

"What?" She questions and Marissa walks over to her, taking out her phone.

"It's a ring with a sapphire on it, it's a silver band." Marissa explains to her and Adelaide nods her head before crossing her arms.

"What's the importance of it?" She asks as she didn't know why they needed a ring so badly.

"Well, I hid a certain element underneath the sapphire and I need it in order to complete a spell i'm working on." Marissa explains to her and Adelaide stares at her for a moment before nodding.

"Okay. How do you know he has it?" She asks as she looks at Marissa who got a dark glint in her eyes.

"Because you were wearing it on the day of my death." Marissa tells her and Adelaide only furrows her eyebrows before the woman shows her a picture. Adelaides eyes widen lightly as she instantly recognized it. She wore it everyday up until she found out the truth about her parents.

"On my necklace." Adelaide states and Marissa nods her head.

"Exactly." She replies and Adelaide instantly smirks, looking at her mother.