(29) 𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐚𝐜

☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎

JONATHAN KEPT UP HIS ACT FOR A MERE SECOND BEFORE SIMPLY SIGHING, moving towards the girl. He lets out a sigh as he tilts his head. "How'd you figure it out?" He asks as he was actually quite impressed with the girls skills. But that didn't mean that she was about to walk out of here knowing what she did. Adelaide clenches her jaw, crossing her arms against her chest.

"I found Sebastians body." Adelaide tells him with a sigh making the man nod his head. Jonathan knew he should've hid the body more but he honestly didn't care. "It didn't take me long to fit the pieces together." She adds as she was already skeptical of Sebastian. Jonathan chuckles to himself, biting his bottom lip.

"I admire your integrity." He admits as he takes a step towards her. Adelaide just stared at him, glancing around but it seemed like he was alone. "What's your plan, hmm? Take me back to your little shadowhunter friends." Jonathan asks, his eyes widening as he fakes a scared expression. Adelaide rolls her eyes as she steps towards him.

"I know you won't go without a fight." She says as she shrugs her shoulders. "The soul sword- where-" Adelaide starts to ask but Jonathan only holds his finger up, tsking his tongue.

"Ah, ah." Jonathan shushes her with a smirk playing on his lips. "No questions." He tells her and she only continues to stare at the demon in front of her. "In all honesty, Adelaide. I don't want to fight you." Jonathan admits as he holds his hands up in defense which made Adelaide a little bit skeptical. "You see, I know who you are and I know what you can do. I know your abilities better than you know yourself." He explains to her, every word was a step closer to her. Adelaide furrows her eyebrows as she tried to stand her ground, she didn't let her nerves get to her. "And that's why I need you." Jonathan finishes as he stops walking, now a couple feet away from the girl.

"So, you're gonna torture me for information I don't even know?" Adelaide asks as she didn't understand his motive. Why would her being here have any use for him?

"Who said anything about torture?" Jonathan asks with a gasp as he puts his hand on his chest. Adelaide rolls her eyes as she puts her hand on her hip. "If you work with me willingly, you can be on the winning side when we finally get what we want." He states making Adelaide let out a laugh.

"What we want? You're trusting the person who did experiments on you." Adelaide asks as she knew he was talking about valentine. Jonathan only glares at her, clenching his jaw.

"I'm trusting myself." Jonathan corrects as he steps closer to her. "I think that you will give me what I want willingly." He adds making Adelaide squint her eyes, scoffing lightly. She didn't voluntarily work for valentine so she would definitely not do it for Jonathan.