(6) 𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐟𝐥𝐚𝐦𝐞 ✓

☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎

ADELAIDE DECIDED TO GO SEE JACE AS SHE WANTED TO ASK HIM HOW HE WAS. He was back from the City of Bones after what seemed to be a very bloody battle but he didn't seem to talk to anyone about it yet.
"All cleaned up?" She asks as she makes her way into Jace's room, seeing him wiping his hair with a towel. Jace nods his head, sighing as he tosses the towel into the hamper.

"Yeah." Jace replies as he licks his bottom lip. Adelaide moves over to him, offering a soft smile but she knew he had went through a lot.

"I heard about what happened at the City of Bones." Adelaide tells him and she didn't expect him to want to get into anything else for a couple days, but knowing Jace, he'll hunt restlessly for Valentine.

"Yeah." He seemed down but who could blame him, they lost the sword to Valentine and now they have no way of knowing where he is.

"You okay?" Adelaide asks as she notices the distant expression on his face.

"This whole thing is a mess." Jace groans as he rubs his face a little bit and Adelaide breaths out a laugh as she scrunched up her nose.

"That it is." She replies as she nods her head, wouldn't life be so much more simple without all of this cup drama. "I'm glad you're okay." Adelaide tells him honestly as she meets his eyes but she could see the confusion.

"Why wouldn't I be?" He asks but he knew why she was asking. He didn't exactly have it easy recently.

"I just get worried that's all." Adelaide tells him but immediately regrets it after seeing the smirk that formed on the man's face.

"Aw you worry about me." Jace teases as he wiggled his eyebrows at her but she only clenches her jaw at him.

"I take it back." Adelaide states with a roll of her eyes as she turns away from him but Jace smirks and wraps his arms around her from the back to prevent her from moving away.

"You can't." Jace taunts as he pokes at her sides, resting his chin on her shoulder as she groans beneath him. "You care about me." He tells her and she only sighs as she gets out of his grip and turns to face him, shrugging her shoulders.

"Of course I do." Adelaide says and it sort of takes Jace aback because he didn't think he had ever heard her say that. It was silent for a moment before Adelaide lifted her hand. "I'll let you get your rest." She says as she rubs his arm and he only smiles down at her for a moment. It's when she goes to walk away that he speaks up again.