(14) 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞 ✓

☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎

ADELAIDE WAS SITTING ON HER BED AS ALEC STARED AT HER, taking in her condition as his eyes squinted. She sighs as he tilts her head up again to take a look at her neck. She only grabs his hand, moving it to his side. "I've told you a million times, Alec. I'm fine." Adelaide assures him as she stands up from the bed. Alec didn't seem too convinced as he takes a deep breath.

"Are you sure?" Alec asks and she groans, nodding her head as she loved how worried he was but it was getting quite annoying.

"I'm sure." She tells him and he sighs, deciding to stop asking and changing the topic.

"Who was that?" Alec asks as he had never seen the demon around. He wondered if it was Valentine that may have sent it.

"I have no idea." Adelaide admits as she shrugs her shoulders. She knew it was a demon but nothing more. "Maybe it was a fail safe from my mother. If she failed, then someone would come and kill me too." She suggests as it wasn't too big of a stretch. Alec nods his head as he glanced around the room.

"Magnus upped the wards, nothing can get in." Alec tells her and she nods her head, smiling softly at him as she takes his hand and gives it a squeeze.

"Which is why I'm fine. I promise." She assures him with another smile and he nods before his bites his bottom lip. He clears his throat, glancing down at his shoes.

"I've been thinking a lot.. about us." He admits and Adelaide immediately frowns, stepping back from him a little bit.

"Oh.." Adelaide replies, feeling defeated as she knows how those sentences always ended. Alec seemed to know where her head was at, immediately shaking his head.

"No! No, it's nothing bad." Alec promises as he wasn't going to say something that would hurt her. Adelaide was relieved as she closed her eyes for a second.

"Don't start out your sentences like that." Adelaide mumbles as she sighs, putting her hand on her chest. "What's up?" She questions as she looks up at him but he only stays quiet which made her concerned. "What's wrong, are you okay?" Adelaide asks worriedly as she looks into his eyes. Alec nods his head, licking his bottom lip.

"Yeah I just.. um.." Alec trails off, his hand tapping against his leg. Adelaide furrows her eyebrows as she stares back at him but her eyes were still full of concern. Alec clears his throat, closing his eyes for a moment before stepping towards her and connecting their lips deeply. Adelaide was taken a little off guard but kisses him back, smiling into it. "I uh..." He stops himself for a moment, pulling away from her and she curiously gazes at him. "I want to take the next step." Alec finishes, his eyes not knowing where to look. Adelaide was a little shocked for a moment because he was evident in waiting.