Chapter 2- Flustered & Intrigued

SCARLETT'S POV
I look at the man in front of me, his face turn pale, and flustered before frantically ending the call. He clears his throat in an attempt to remain his composure, I wonder what happened during the call.

"So, Ms. Johansson I've assigned the best lawyer in my firm to assist you in your case, please rest assured that she is indeed the best of the best we have in our firm, or rather in New York City" he starts.

I raised an eyebrow in curiosity, wondering who's the almighty lawyer that can make Mr. Yln, the boss of the best law firm so flustered. He slides a file across to me as he explains.

"She is the one who gave us the final winning point for your Disney case previously, Yn Yln, my daughter and the successor of this firm."

I look at the file passed to me, I can't help but smile and stare at this young woman, she looks so young, so confident, so... pretty. Wait, what am I thinking?

I shake off the thought, continue flipping through her files, and realize she is indeed a Ms. Smartypants like how her father called her.

Graduated from New York's most prestigious law school with straight distinctions and zero losing streak for all the cases she handled.

"Hmm, Impressive" I mumbled to myself while reading through her past cases, paying extra attention on child custody cases she fought for.

Mr. Yln lets out a short laugh, "Impressive huh? Yn had always been a hardworking smartypants ever since she was young, she likes to diagnose problems in her cases she called it and wins them."

Undeniable pride & joy flowing through his words while he smile and describe her.

"Diagnose problems?" I smile, amused by her term used.

Mr. Yln smiles and shakes his head "Her mother is the chief of the diagnostic team in Yln Hospital, she wants to feel connected to her mother even though she is a lawyer now following my footsteps."

I let out a laugh, shaking my head "She has an interesting character for a lawyer Mr. Yln, I look forward to meeting her tomorrow." as I stand to shake his hand.

"Indeed, pleasure meeting you again Ms. Johansson, once again thank you for trusting us." 

He send me to the door as I leave the law firm feeling optimistic about the meeting tomorrow, with a smile that never left my lips since I lay my eyes on Yn. I can't wait to see her.
------------------------------------------------------------
A/N
2nd chapter of the day, in Scarlett's Pov! Let me know what do you think! Cheers (: