Chapter 22- Rainbows after the storm

YN'S POV
"Miss me?" I whisper against her shoulder as Scarlett grabs on to me as if she's afraid that I'll disappear again.

"Just a little," she mumbles into my shoulder after her sobs reduce to sniffles.

'Yeah? Tell that to my wet shirt." I tease, pointing to the wet patch on my shoulder and gently wiping away the tears that refuse to stop flowing down her face.

"I thought I was not going to see you again." She shoves me away a little and chokes out.

"I'm sorry, I'm here now," I murmur, cupping my hands on both cheeks and slowly pulling her in for a shy kiss.

"Are you okay?" she whispers as her eyes flutter open after the kiss, a small, shy smile pulling on her lips, hands roaming my arms and waist. As if to reassure herself that I'm right in front of her.

"Yes, I'm okay. I'm not going anywhere." I reassure her, hugging her close.

I could get used to this, or should I not? I know we have to talk about this at some point, but I'm dead tired. And I have to ask if she still wants to go ahead with the restraining order or serve him the divorce paper immediately. I definitely like the second option better, and Em said they are officially over.

"So." I start, and she hums in response without raising her head. I guess she's not leaving my embrace anytime soon. Not that I'm complaining, of course.

"Divorce paper or restraining order?" I half tease, half afraid of what the answer might be.

Scarlett huffs a laugh against my neck before she sits up and faces me entirely. She traces my facial features with her fingers, ever so gently as if she is committing them into her memories. Before her eyes landed on me, grabbing my hand tightly and I felt my breath hitched at the intensity of her gaze,

"It's you. It has always been you. I should have known from the moment I lay my eyes on you." Scarlett looks at me, her eyes as if she's staring into my soul, thumb rubbing my knuckles.

"No one can make me feel so safe and loved before you. I thought I was happy and safe with Colin and ignored the red flags because I was afraid to bring instability to Rose and what people might say." she shares quietly.

I sigh as I pull her towards me, letting her snuggle with me, wrapping my arms around her, and leaning back towards the couch. I understand where she is coming from, especially when she did not expect the betrayal from the person she thought would be there for her forever. Let alone when he is the father of their unborn child, but I'm glad she trusted me enough to share how she felt.

"I'm glad that I make you feel safe, Jo. I'm attracted to you in every way possible, which has never happened to anyone before." I smile nervously.

"Even when I'm a mess? I hurt you twice, Yn. And I've two kids, and it's never something you would sign up for any time soon." she whispers the last part, losing her confidence, fiddling with her fingers.

"I've never felt so much for someone in such a short period of time. I understand that you might be scared, but I want you to know that I am too. But I won't change anything from when I set my eyes on you, Scarlett Johansson." I share confidently, though I have no idea where did it come from out of a sudden.

"I promise to be supportive. I want a future with you and the kids. Rose & I and your little baby will cheer you on when you're working, or you and the kids visit me in my office. I've always wanted to build a little office table beside mine for my kids, and now I'll have all the reason to do so if you'll let me." I rambled on wistfully, fantasizing about the future.