Chapter 39- Arrival

Scarlett's POV

That breaks them from the shock and immediately springs into question while they try to stifle their laughter at how speechless I am with Rose's questions while I try to explain to my adorably curious daughter.

I rub my forehead and sigh as I start moving toward the door with Yn's help, "I-I'm not peeing, Rose. Your brother is coming."

"Baby brother is diving out?" Rose looks up at me with her curious eyes.

Lizzie snorts, and I glare at her. She immediately grabs Rose with her as she rushes into the elevator to grab our bag prepared weeks ago for the little prince's arrival to stop Rose from tormenting me with questions.

Emily cackles as she runs out to get the car ready and calls our family while Yn smiles in amusement. "Your daughter." I wince and grab her hand harder as I feel a wave of contraction hitting.

"Shit. Contractions?" Yn quickly stables me, looking at me with concern.

Rolling my eyes, I deadpan. "No. It's your son headbutting his way out." What's with them asking me questions today? I sigh in relief as the pain passes.

Yn helps me get into the car before strapping themselves up as fast as possible and Emily starts speeding her way to the hospital. Madison had already informed the hospital to prepare for our arrival while they stayed home waiting for our updates as they didn't want to overwhelm us.

Despite the contractions hitting wave after wave, I still manage to watch Yn being a cute nervous wreck, trying to keep track of the time apart for my contractions. She has been the rock in my life throughout this pregnancy and has done everything she can to keep me safe, happy, and healthy.

I can't help but let a smile creep onto my face, but it ends up being more like a grimace instead due to another wave of contraction. I squeeze Yn's thighs and hold my breath, waiting for the pain to subside. Fuck, that hurts like shit. Who would have thought I'd get used to the pain being the second time giving birth?

Yn immediately turns to me, concern and worries swirling in her eyes before she turns back to Yfn. "How long more, Em." her voice at the edge.

Emily looks at the rearview mirror with a tight-lipped smile, "An hour at least. The traffic is shit now."

"Auntie Emily, that's a bad word," Rose speaks up from the backseat with Lizzie, which earns a laugh from all of us despite the tension.

"Hey, it's alright. Drive safely. Little prince and I can wait for a lit-" I gasp and am unable to speak as I feel another contraction, stronger than before, hitting me. "More." I breathe out as the wave ends.

"Urgh. That was a bad one." I groan as Yn wipes the sweat formed on my forehead.

Yn kisses my temple and holds me close, whispering encouragement to me. "You're doing so well, baby girl. I'm here, okay? Are you comfortable enough?"

I nod weakly as my energy drains from the contraction that is getting a lot stronger. "Mama? Do you want me to sing? You always sing when I'm not feeling good." Rose's voice pipes out behind me.

"I would love to hear you sing, baby. Go ahead. Thank you." I smile at her offer. Yn turns to look at Rose with a proud smile pulling on her lips.

Rose starts to sing, and the tension in the car dissipates slightly. I endure the waves of contractions with Rose's singing and my tight grip on Yn, which I'm pretty sure is getting tighter as time passes. Another contraction comes in, and this one takes my breath away with how strong it is.