Chapter 37- Twist

Scarlett's POV
Watching Johnson and the supposedly dead girlfriend, Gabriela walking in is the most jaw-dropping plot twist of the year. I mean, my lord. This is so golden that if I release a series about their story, I'll be America's most prominent hit writer. Okay, so not the time to joke. I can see Yn seething with anger at their appearance and the look of betrayal at her father's omission.

I place my hand on her thigh, hoping to calm her down until Ydm explains himself. If the situation it's not so tense right now, I would have laughed at how terrified Ydm looked under Yn's hardened glare. Ydm looks at me for help as he steals glances at his still pissed-off daughter. At the same time, Johnson and Gabriela are cowering on the other couch, not daring to make any noise.

"Baby. Let them explain first, hm?" I squeeze her thigh to get her attention, and we secretly sigh in relief when Yn finally softens her glare with a huff, leaning back on the couch with my hand tightly in hers, nodding her head for Ydm to continue.

Clearing his throat, Diego starts explaining. "As you already know, this is Johnson, and beside him is his girlfriend. The supposedly dead actress, Gabriella."

Yn scoffs, rolling her eyes. "Wow. I wouldn't have seen that." suppressing my laugh, I pinch her hand to keep her attitude in check.

Diego grimaced at her tone but continued explaining. "When Gabriella sent me the PK Chemicals and Mayor Jost files, I knew I had to step in. I got someone to watch Mayor Jost and Colin closely and tightened Gabriela's security when she was outside."

"So when Colin was reported sneaking out of his house in the middle of the night, I knew something was up. I ordered the security immediately to sneak Gabriela out of her house and replace her supposedly silhouette hanging out in the kitchen with a fake body."

Yn quirks her eyebrow at Diego's admission of using a fake corpse and he scoffs. "Mind you. The fake body we used was the highest quality in the market and widely used in Hollywood scenes. Hollywood scenes with the budget."

Gabriela takes over, explaining while Diego sips his water and takes a break. "The securities led me out by my back door, just in time to see Colin break into my house. We purposely dimmed the light so he won't realize that the body he sees is the fake me."

"Colin came from behind and cupped my mouth before he shot me in the chest from my back. Like what Mr. Yln had said, the fake body used was Hollywood movie worth, so blood was spilled, making it seem like I was bleeding to death."

"The first mistake Colin made was he was too confident. He assumed it was me and fled the scene immediately after I was shot down. Then I manage to escape to Mr. Yln's estate downtown."

Yn hums as she ponders, "How about the police? And Johnson? He was the one who found Gabriela's body first, right?"

Johnson smiles sheepishly and explains, "Actually, the police were the ones who came and informed me. Not the other way round." Yn rolls her eyes at Johnson, whose cheeks flush deep red at his omission of details during the investigation.

"I had someone in the station. So the majority of the officers that went for the investigation knew what was going on and were ordered and willing to cooperate with us. They managed to keep the officers, unaware of our motive, away from the fake body."

"Though what we weren't expecting was the officers trying to close the case as soon as possible by pinning the charges on Johnson. Then we found out PK Chemicals had also bribed someone on the team. That's why I sent you to take on the case personally to delay the process as we gather more evidence against them."