Chapter 47- Celebration

Yn's POV

Scarlett's head rests gently on my shoulder, a sign of the peace we're relishing in this rare moment. Our steps are light as we make our way to Shutters on the beach. Meanwhile, Rose is engrossed in a game of eye spy with Hunter, Adrian, and Melanie, her laughter filling the air.

Corey, the center of my parents' attention, is basking in their love. They try to spend as much time with him as possible, along with Rose. I guess it's how they try to compensate for the time they missed out on my childhood. Not that I'm complaining, of course.

We will cash in this chance for a moment of peace anytime. We reached the resort in no time, as it was just a short drive from our previous hotel. As we step out of the vehicle, I hear Scarlett mumble a quiet wow, her voice barely audible over the sound of crashing waves.

The white sandy beaches, sunlight reflecting off crystal blue waves, and the gentle breeze of the ocean create a serene atmosphere that envelops us. The staff are already waiting in the lobby for our arrival, leading the check-in process smoothly.

"Alright, now that we're all sorted, it's a free and easy time. You can do whatever you want and head to the beachfront Santa Monica restaurant for dinner by 7 p.m." I address the group and dismiss them shortly.

Scarlett swiftly retrieves Corey from my parents, who are clearly reluctant to let him go. I beckon for Rose to join us, and we make our way to the beach house suite I've reserved. The rest of the group disperses to the other suites I've arranged for the Marvel casts, their excitement palpable.

It's a small gesture, but I hope it conveys my gratitude for their enthusiastic participation in our celebration. We spend some time settling down and exploring the suite before we get ready for a beach day, just us. Rose wants a family day with just us, and that's what she will get.

Rose races to her room to get ready, and I trail behind her while Scarlett gets ready with Corey in our room. I sit on the edge of the bed and watch in amusement as Rose digs through her luggage for suitable beachwear. She's very particular about the clothes she wears to present herself.

She is definitely Scarlett's daughter—okay, maybe mine. Scarlett usually opts for more casual wear when she has no events to attend. Now that Rose is preparing herself, I start searching her luggage for the sunscreen and frowning when I can't find any.

That's weird. I remember Scarlett never took it out of Rose's vanity bag, but it should have been inside. Sighing, I head back to our room and instantly smile when I hear the two loveliest sounds in the world.

Corey is giggling nonstop, and Scarlett is busy making silly noises while putting on sunscreen. I stand by the door to watch them for a while before Corey shrieks in excitement when he sees me. Scarlett smiles when she turns to see what caught Corey's attention.

"Why are you standing there like a weirdo." Scarlett laughs as she sits Corey on the sit support chair on the bed and puts on a hat for him, which he tries to take off and fails.

"Aren't you adorable?" I coo and immediately take out my phone to snap a few pictures and send them to our family group chat.

Messages ping immediately, and I put my phone in my back pocket with a smile. "Baby Jo, have you seen Rose's sunscreen you put in her bag?"

"That sneaky child of yours probably hid it somewhere in between her clothes." Scarlett snickers softly, shaking her head in amusement as she settles Corey in the playpen and heads into the bathroom to prepare herself.

Huffing out a laugh, I walk into the bathroom while she puts sunscreen on her new upcoming skincare line on her face and hugs her from behind. "She's sneaky alright, and I wonder where she got that from."