Chapter 10

Me and kyler were walking toward a large building. It looked like a group of apartments but on 2 floors. We then walked inside it and there were many doors. A label was hanged on the wall. On it, everyone had their names. Each one had a different design. We then passed, Irene and Valeria's workplace. Irene had only her name but written in a neat way. Valeria's on the other hand had a painting of the sky. It was the colour pink.

We then reached to kyler's workplace. His label had a background of a forest and his name written in white. He opened the door and we both went inside. There were like 7 shelves and had a lot of machines on them. Some looked like engines, some looked like an actual machine. There was a table with a 3D printer, but looks kind of different from the one in our world. Ours has a cable while theirs has a large tube and a flannel connected to it. On the wall above his desk, he had a huge pegboard that was full of tools. Some were familiar like hammers and screwdrivers, but there were many others that weren't. The walls were green.

I then went to see an engine while he leaned toward the wall, staring at me. "Did you make all of those?" I asked, looking at him. He then looked at me in the eyes. My eyes tried to look anywhere else other than his. For some reason, maintaining or even looking into his eyes scared me.  My eyes then were fixed onto a weird looking engine-like object. "Yeah." It was amazing.

"The one you're looking at is the engine for the RV we're working on because on the holiday we're going on a trip. I'm pretty sure Rikki told you about it." I nodded my head, remembering that he told me about it when we first met. It was weird how he said the last part with venom in his voice though. "Why do you never hang out at my and Irene's place?" I immediately regretted what I said. "Because me and Irene aren't too close, we only hang out when we're getting high or drunk, also, Valeria practically lives there and I have no idea what those two be doing on their own." I chuckled.

He looked at me and smiled. "Im just kidding, maybe not, but mostly it's because I third-wheel with them. Anyways, I will show you something." He said as he opened a drawer and took out a monkey-like wooden toy. I looked confused. He then moved a bit to the back, pressed on a button and moved away from it. The doll began moving chaotically and then turned into a huge wooden gorilla. He then stood beside me. "This gorilla is like a real one but isn't. It's smart though. Here, try and give it a hug." He said while gently pushing me toward it. I was afraid but hugged it anyway. The gorilla hugged me back. It was so adorable. I then let go and so did the gorilla.

My heart was beating faster. Not only he's good looking but also smart. I hate how he makes me feel, and worst of all, every time I decide to move on, he walks back into my life and my stupid heart can't help but fall for him. I hate it. How will I manage to go on a trip with him and Rikki at the same time?!
I will either stare at him the entire time or break up with rikki. But that will be bad because it'll be awkward with both of them there.

He then pressed on a button and the gorilla turned back into a toy. "You're the best mechanic in here, right?" I asked and he laughed. "No no, I'm average. Irene is much better mechanic than me. She was able to create a bird that flies and even sound like it" "what about Valeria? Isn't she a mechanic?" I asked.

"Umm, Valeria and Irene are way better than me if I'm being honest. I'm on level 30 while Irene is on level 38 and Valeria is on level 40. Since she's a professional, she can choose what she will construct, machines, buildings, or even draw either the machines or the real life buildings, bridges, and many more. She chose not to work much with mechanics and chose building in general. The building that looks like a piano is her creation and there are some other buildings that she drew.  She still helps with mechanics sometimes. " I was shocked by Valeria's talents.

He then looked down at me. I realized that my t-shirt went way lower than how it should be so I immediately fixed it. He then looked away. "Have you ever dated someone weird?" I asked him. "Yeah." I smiled. "Have you fallen in love with them?" I then mentally punched myself for invading his privacy.'