Chapter 13

Irene's pov

I told Valeria about Juliane before, and she suspects that she might have a connection with her father's disappearance. Valeria's mother once mentioned that her dad left them to another world to have a fresh start. Maybe Juliane is from the same world?

As much as I know that Valeria wants to help Juliane and how bad she's feeling now that she stood her up, this special type of help will be too much for Valeria. Juliane might think that Valeria's mean or something since she knows about how we how around which might make our trip to the brothel an opportunity, yet she doesn't know what that woman did to Valeria. Also, we've only been there a couple of times but was never for the reasons you'll think of.

We left Juliane's bedroom and Valeria grabbed her dark blue coat and opened the door, going back home. I grabbed her hand, stopping her since it's getting colder. She looked at me with a forced smile. "Is there anything?" She asked, looking into my eyes. "Yes. You can't just go home like that." She shook her head. "It's alright. I'd prefer being on my own." That's what scared me the most. Her being on her own. This always ends badly.

"No. It's okay. We can sit in silence, just don't go home." She chuckled. "It's not like I'll die or something." Whenever we mention her mother or anything about the past, she gets a panic attack. I'm just afraid that things won't end up well for her, especially that she's too unpredictable. When she's mad, she shuts people away from her. Once, I was too worried so I went to her place and found out that she did self harm. She got mad that I went in and saw everything, but I couldn't just let her do it again. Another time, she was committing suicide.

"I don't know about that. You're too unpredictable" she smiled and agreed to stay. She went to my bedroom and laid on my bed in the fetal position. as much as I know that Valeria wants to help Juliane and how bad she's feeling now that she stood her up, this special type of help will be too much for Valeria. Juliane might think that Valeria's mean or something, yet she doesn't know what that woman did to Valeria.

Knowing how horrible she's feeling I hugged her from behind, wrapping my arms around her waist. Even though she hates physical touch, she said that she doesn't mind it when I hug her. And honestly, I like hugging her.

"I really hated seeing that look in Juliane's eyes and not being able to help her." She told me. I nodded my head and hugged her a bit tighter. "It's okay. My brother will talk to her and he might help. You don't have to always be the person that does everything. You sometimes need that help. Don't burn out to keep the rest warm. Juliane is a good person that deserves to be happy, but so are you. You can't go to a place where you'll get haunted by the memories of the past and meet your mother after everything she's done to you."

She then turned around and hugged me. "Irene. You're the best. I don't even know what I'll do without you." She looked at me while cupping my cheek with her left hand. We kept an eye contact for a while. Her eyes are so pretty. I've always wished that my eyes were brown, and Valeria made me love the brown eyes even more.

~

Me and Valeria walked into the kitchen and we both sat on the table. She was wearing a black tight y-shirt that it showed her b. I couldn't help but to stare. "Like what you see?" Valeria asked m. I blushed and looked away. "You said that Felicia looked at Juliane in an awe?" She asked me. "Yeah! She's too oblivious though that she thought that I think that Felicia is attractive so I'm pairing them up" I said. She chuckled while taking out a cigarette.

"She should've said no to rikki. He's a good person and everything but he knew before that kyler was interested in her yet he approached her first." I didn't know that. " kyler told him?" She nodded her head. "He told him when we went to visit you and right Juliane was there.... It was when we met her for the first time." My eyes widened in shock. That's quite a horrible thing to do.